Business Analyst (Contract)
About Cognition+ Inc.: Cognition+ Inc. is the leading provider of software solutions in the mutual insurance industry in Canada. Founded in 1993 by a group of mutual insurers, Cognition+ Inc. provides powerful, easy to use, and affordable software that ensures insurance companies of all sizes can compete in the insurance marketplace. Cognition+ Inc. offers solutions for policy, claims, accounting, financial reporting, and investment and includes integrations with third party trading partners including brokers, financial institutions and service providers. Leveraging an internal rating and underwriting rules engine along with significant application programming interface development provides extensive flexibility, extendibility and scalability. Using industry best practices for privacy, security and roles based authorization and access, Cognition+ Inc. offers onsite and cloud based solutions to 32 insurance companies in Canada. Located in London, Ontario, Cognition+ Inc. has strong longstanding relationships with insurance and technology partners in North America.
Position Summary: We are looking for a qualified Business Analyst to work with our Professional Services Team. The incumbent will help deliver business solutions to the client, related to the use of our core product, which may include any one or all of the following - implementation, business analysis including elicitation, requirements development and documentation.
This position can be performed from our office in London Ontario, remotely in Ontario, or a combination of both. Remote based employees may occasionally be asked to travel to our office for meetings or team building events, or to client sites.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- A University Degree or College Diploma in a related field;
- Experience in the property and casualty insurance industry;
- Positive customer service skills, including sales and marketing;
- Strong team orientation, both internally and externally; and
- Strong technical skills and a conceptual understanding of computer technology as it relates to business applications and to the insurance industry.
Additional Bonus Skills:
- F/CIP designation or working towards F/CIP designation;
- Business Analysis Accreditation; and
- Knowledge of accounting, underwriting and claims within the insurance field generally and the Farm Mutual industry specifically.
Equal Employment Opportunities:
Cognition+ Inc. is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. We encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Cognition+ Inc. provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-432-8553 ext. 362.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at https://gocognition.com/join-us/
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.