Broker Inquiries Representative, Personal Insurance, Broker Assist Centre
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Work is a big part of our lives, so it makes sense to choose a company that offers truly rewarding work. At Economical Insurance®, your contributions, creativity, and energy won't go to waste. Our passionate culture and pioneering mentality infuse everything we do, which is why our one-million-plus policyholders know we'll protect their homes, businesses, farms, cars, and pets like they're our own.
We're not afraid to see how far we can push the envelope to make insurance better. Our family of companies includes Sonnet, the only Canadian home and auto insurer offering a fully online buying experience, and Petline, the largest Canadian pet insurance company. We're also preparing to become a publicly traded company, a once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity for everyone who joins our team.
If you're looking for a company that takes care of its people - and its customers - and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What can you expect in this role?
The Broker Inquiries Representative is the first point of contact for personal Insurance policy questions. You will be supporting inquiries pertaining to products, pricing, billing and payments using knowledge and decision-making authority to effectively resolve inquiries in a single contact.
As the successful candidate, you inspire customer confidence by providing superior service and decisions that enable profitable growth and align with our Personal Insurance strategy.
Please Note: This role will support our Broker Assist Centre (BAC) hours of operation which are: 7:30 am to 6:30 pm. Your core hours will fall within this range.
- Answer brokers questions pertaining to Personal Insurance products and pricing
- Support brokers by resolving billing and payment inquiries for both personal and commercial insurance policies. Potential inquiries may be related to billing statement explanations, billing options, payment plan changes, notification of payment, requests to remove charges or waive fees, changes pertaining to credit card payments and bank withdrawals.
- Handle broker inquiries and requests for systems support and workflow advice. Potential inquiries may include Guidewire support, workflow support, navigating workflows surrounding binding and issuing a new policy, policy change, etc.
- May be required to support Claims calls during a catastrophe or other call centres that are experiencing higher than usual or unexpected work volumes.
- Identifies when an issue cannot be resolved during initial contact and when required, escalates inquiries to key points of contact
- Supports the processing of Personal Insurance transactions on the Guidewire system that are not enabled by broker self-serve functionality and to support other departments.
What do you bring to the role?
- Personal lines industry experience
- University degree or College diploma in a relevant discipline
- CIP or commitment to work toward CIP
- Knowledge of Economical's Personal Insurance product offering is an asset
- Preference will be given to French bilingual candidates
- Service focused with a positive helpful attitude
- Excellent people skills and strong written/verbal communication skills
- Strong motivation and problem-solving skills.
- Attentive listener with the ability to anticipate and understand customer needs
- Successfully maneuver difficult conversations with ease while exercising empathy, patience, professionalism and the use of positive language.
- Ability to handle surprises and to communicate effectively under pressure
- Demonstrates accountability to provide resolution
- Meticulous, detail focused coupled with strong computer literacy skills
- Familiarity with Guidewire is considered an asset
As part of the selection process, this role requires candidates to successfully clear a Criminal Background Check and a Credit Check.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don't have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot - you deserve it.
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus
- Pension and savings programs, with company matched RRSP contributions
- Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Two annual wellness campaigns - participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule
- Discounts on products and services
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you'll need to upload your resume and cover letter in one document.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: email@example.com.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we're up to.