Associate Underwriter, Standard Lines Commercial - Winnipeg
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
At CNA, every person plays an important role in bringing nothing but the best to our customers. If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Insurance Industry, CNA is the clear choice. As part of the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. We are deeply rooted in our history and bringing together the best minds in insurance.
Under general supervision, the Associate Underwriter, Standard Lines Commercial is responsible for timely and accurate underwriting of a renewal book including endorsements and provides high level support to underwriting department.
- Work directly with brokers to negotiate, underwrite and price renewals and endorsements within designated authority. When outside of authority refers to the next underwriting level for approval.
- Manage all premiums including new business, renewals and endorsements within corporate guidelines.
- Complete underwriting reports, review and follow-up on recommendations of inspections, and analyze loss experience.
- Manage reinsurance issues as required.
- Work with underwriters to ensure all new business is properly documented and the file integrity checklist is completed for all accounts, including renewals.
- Manage broker communications as required.
- May assist underwriters with underwriting new business.
- University degree/College diploma or equivalent business experience between 2 - 4 years commercial Property and Casualty or Marine insurance experience.
- Progress towards completion of CIP designation is desired.
- A proven track record in customer service coupled with excellent interpersonal skills. Preferred candidates will possess experience dealing with and or have exposure to working in a Broker environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment with limited supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- An annual performance bonus
- A pension plan
- Flexible work hours
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance
- And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant's accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.