At CNA, we are focused on success, individually and collectively. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that challenges and engages people. We strive to connect people, departments and business areas, to function as a team, and to serve our customers and communities with professionalism and respect.
Our dedication to employee engagement, continuous learning and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, enable us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Our values, culture and financial strength are what differentiate us from other employers and make CNA the place you want to work. Learn more about CNA Insurance Canada at www.cnacanada.ca. Join our team as an Actuarial Consultant!
This position is responsible for providing actuarial support for CNA Canada, with emphasis on commercial lines pricing
- Provide actuarial analyses for the pricing of large commercial accounts and programs and provide recommendations to underwriting
- Collaborate with underwriting and IT to build and maintain rating models
- Participate in rate studies to determine adequacy of current rating plans
- Produce monthly price monitoring reports measuring retention and rate change.
- Collaborate with finance, underwriting, claims and risk control and provide support as required
- Participate in the preparation of regional P&L on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with underwriting and claims to prepare annual portfolio review of each business unit
- Participate in the planning and forecasting process
- Participate in analysis for the Appointed Actuary's Report and Financial Condition Adequacy Testing Report on CNA Canada Branch
- Ensure the data used is complete and accurate and appropriately documented
- Prepare a variety of standard reports, as well as, special reports for management, as needed
May perform additional duties as assigned.
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA's Winning Behaviours - to be externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and continuously learning.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline such as Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics or Engineering, or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years related experience
- Completion of a minimum of 3 exams of the Casualty Actuarial Society and actively progressing toward FCAS designation
- Knowledge of corporate, departmental and actuarial practices, procedures and principles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete projects effectively
- Experience with IFRS 17 would be an asset
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with staff and other departments at all levels
- Proficient in Excel and Access and other business-related software systems, including processing systems and applications
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- An annual performance bonus
- A pension plan
- Flexible work hours
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance
- And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant's accessibility needs.