Account Representative/Associate Broker (Programs) New
BMS is a specialist Insurance Brokerage and we are hiring an Account Representative / Associate Broker to join our award-winning team. You will work in a fast-paced and creative work environment and be part of a growing and energetic group of professionals who come from a wide variety of education, backgrounds and work experience. As an Account Representative / Associate Broker you will be exposed to all aspects of our Canadian and Global Affinity business, and will work as part of our Ottawa-based team to deliver exceptional member and client service.
Our Broking team works with professionals and business owners from a myriad of sectors including healthcare and professional services in relation to their Liability Insurance requirements. We are looking for an outgoing, organized, resourceful, high-performer who has attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, and who embraces our culture and collaborative team approach.
As an Account Representative / Associate Broker, you will be working as part of our existing broker service team and will be:
- Collaborating with the senior team to manage group affinity accounts;
- Analyzing client risk exposures and insurance coverage needs;
- Engaging with clients through direct member service to provide expert advice;
- Collaborating with the wider team in various on-going projects;
- Engaging in marketing and business development initiatives;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- RIBO licensed
- 1 or more years of experience working in insurance
- Familiar with Property & Casualty insurance products, including Professional Liability, Commercial General Liability, All Risks Property, Cyber, and others
- Bilingualism is preferred (English & French)
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
- Interest in working directly with new and existing clients
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Problem Solving, Documentation Skills, Listening, Phone Skills, Previous experience using Salesforce is preferred, Resolving Conflict, Analyzing Information , Multi-tasking, Working independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Full Time Position
- 9:00 - 5:00 Monday to Friday
- Competitive compensation package, including comprehensive medical and dental benefits, generous vacation allowance, competitive salary, and opportunities for employer-sponsored training and education
When applying, please send your full name, resume, cover letter, contact information, and reference information to firstname.lastname@example.org.