Accident Benefits Representative - Return To Work
Wawanesa Mutual Insurance is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada with $3 billion in annual revenues and assets of more than $9 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada. With over 3,500 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders through nine regional offices and 41 service offices in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We are currently looking for dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience, advancement on a growing team.
The Accident Benefits Representative-Return to Work role contributes to Wawanesa's goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience through the fair and equitable adjustment of first party claims falling under relevant legislation while helping our customers be successful in their Return to Work (RTW).
- Adjust claims from inception to completion in a proactive manner through facilitating Return to Work in collaboration with customers, representatives, health care providers, employers and other resources
- Match functional capabilities with job demands, conduct motivational interviewing, work with employers to develop return to work plans, determine appropriate accommodations, and leverage the duty to accommodate
- Identify, clarify and resolve issues relevant to the RTW process and any other matters that present barriers to RTW or are pertinent to the file
- Investigate and manage first party injury claims by telephone and correspondence
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Interpret policy wordings, determine policy coverage and ensure appropriate reserving
- Coordinate services with vendors and service providers
- Prepare files for arbitration and litigation
- Maintain accurate records based on company standards and policies within the claims system
- Keep apprised of current changes and trends in the accident benefits, RTW, insurance industry through legislation, arbitration decisions, case law, courses etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Insurance adjusting experience
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation and/or Relevant RTW certification an asset
- Good knowledge of medical terminology
- Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Ability to coach and facilitate change
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and interviewing skills with the ability to adjust communication style. Capability to use solution-focused counselling skills.
- Understanding of return to work best practices such as better at work and hurt vs harm
- Demonstrated ability to compare functional capabilities with job demands to determine suitability of work
- Knowledge of return to work planning, workplace accommodations, labour market analysis and transferable skills is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong investigative and analytical skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy
- Strong negotiation skills and solution focused problem solving
- College/University degree is preferred
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company's goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today's challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume.
Accommodations are available as needed for all applicants.