CARE Canada is currently seeking a Finance Officer.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for day-to-day operational accounting functions, ensuring that month-end and year-end processes are completed in a timely manner, acting as Backup for Colleagues and assisting the Director, Finance and Accounting with other projects as required. This incumbent will work in close collaboration with the Lead, Transition to Peoplesoft in performing the UAT testing.
- Promote and maintain an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
- Create an environment within CARE's workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works, that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse (SHEA-CA).
- Ensure high standards of prevention and response measures for SHEA-CA are in place consistent with the CARE International (CI) Policy on PSEA-CP and CI Performance Standards.
What you offer:
- Minimum two years experience in day to day operational accounting.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task, and/or provide timely feedback on an as needed and/or urgent basis;
- Strong ability to meet deadlines;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Ability to evaluate processes and propose recommendations, familiarity with internal controls;
- Experience preparing procedure manuals for use by financial and non-financial users
- High level of professionalism including strict adherence to confidentiality;
- Strong customer service, negotiating, and conflict resolution skills required; flair for creative problem solving with an ability to analyze, conceptualize and strategize individually as well as part of a team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Superior interpersonal skills, with a preference to working as part of a team for a diverse group of individuals with competing priorities
- Strong computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet applications, including data manipulation; proficiency with MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel preferred, as well as a willingness to learn computer software programs as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/commerce/administration or relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- International travel opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities, and specialised training
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy
- A family friendly environment
- Free parking, access to public transportation; central location close to popular amenities
- Business casual four days per week, Jeans Fridays
- Onsite BBQ and shower facilities
Founded in 1945, CARE is a leading international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. In over 80 countries, CARE works with the poorest communities to improve basic health and education, enhance rural livelihoods and food security, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity, help vulnerable people adapt to climate change and provide lifesaving assistance during emergencies. CARE places special focus on working alongside women and girls, living in poverty, because, equipped with the proper resources, women and girls have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. To learn more, visit www.care.ca
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you. Please apply as soon as possible directly at http://bit.ly/2SzgLVX . Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is selected.
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.