Housekeeping Coordinator – Vancouver
Regular Full-Time* position
*with flexibility surrounding full-time equivalency (FTE)
Canuck Place Children’s Hospice (CPCH) is seeking an organized, caring and professional Housekeeping Coordinator. A team player who leads by example in ensuring the overall cleanliness and standards of Infection and Prevention Control (IPAC) are maintained. Leadership, excellent organization and compassionate and respectful communication skills are necessary to be successful in this role.
- Supervises, trains, schedules and evaluates housekeeping staff at both Vancouver and Abbotsford hospice locations.
- Works alongside staff, volunteers, as well as families who are on the CPCH program.
- Provides direction and orientation to all housekeeping staff regarding infection control standards through the CPCH housekeeping manual and checklists.
- Ensures all housekeeping staff have appropriate training related to WHMIS and licensing requirements, and staff works within the related requirements.
- Evaluates the need for housekeeping cleaning maintenance tasks (carpets, floors and furniture); schedules staff, volunteers or arranges for outside contractors, as required.
- Supervises daily housekeeping activities including cleaning and laundry; works collaboratively with staff to meet infection control standards and tracks daily workload for key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Hires staff in collaboration with the Director, Volunteer & Support Services.
- Conducts ongoing performance management with staff including check ins and annual performance reviews.
- Ensures housekeeping resources are utilized in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Creates and maintains a cohesive and collaborative team environment within housekeeping and CPCH
- Recommends replacement or repair of furniture, drapes, linens, equipment, etc. and arranges for repair, as necessary.
- Maintains inventory levels for linens, laundry and housekeeping supplies, paper products, toiletries; orders supplies and ensures delivery of toiletries and cleaning products, as required.
- Meets with suppliers, assesses new laundry or housekeeping products and makes purchases, as appropriate to maintain appropriate levels of supplies
- Attends Interdisciplinary Rounds, Occupational Health and Safety Meetings and other hospice committees, as required.
- Assists in developing the housekeeping budget and ensures expenditures are within the approved budget.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, supplemented with a minimum of four years related housekeeping experience, including one year in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Related experience in a health care facility is preferred.
- Housekeeping supervisory experience, including staff training, staff scheduling, and problem solving.
- Knowledge and use of cleaning equipment and solutions.
- Knowledge of healthcare cleaning procedures, including isolation procedures.
- Knowledge of laundry procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize workload.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written English communication skills.
- Good computer skills, including MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Ability to work with children and families in sensitive situations.
- Ability to work as an individual and collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain appropriate professional and personal boundaries.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Physical ability to carry out duties of the position
- Clear and valid Class 5 BC driver’s license is required.
- WHMIS certification is required.
HERE’S WHY IT’S SO GREAT TO WORK WITH US. Aside from being surrounded by a friendly, inclusive, dedicated team, Canuck Place offers employees up to 20 days’ vacation (pro-rated to their full-time equivalency), an employer-paid benefits package, a Health Spending account that provides up to $500 annually to provide additional coverage for health and wellness activities/services, weekly onsite massage therapy, informative lunch n’ learns, as well as various learning opportunities. Canuck Place Children’s Hospice also has a ‘Care For the Caregiver’ committee who provides ongoing, creative activities to connect us with one another as a reminder that it’s ‘this’ moment that really counts.
Note: Flexibility is necessary, as this position may require occasional weekend and evening work and travel within and outside the Lower Mainland.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resume and cover letter in MS Word or Adobe PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Housekeeping Coordinator” in the subject line of your email and indicate how you first heard about the position. This posting closes Friday, October 19, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates who have been short-listed will be contacted.