Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is seeking a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to work with a creative and committed team in our Toronto office. This position reports to the Director, Marketing and Communications, and Senior Writer, and works collaboratively with other staff on the Public Engagement team. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for the following, in support of the Foundation’s public awareness, engagement, and fundraising goals:
• Regular website maintenance: update and format content, create new pages/microsites, monitor for bugs/performance issues, Google analytics tracking and reporting
• Contribute to improvements and processes related to traffic, conversions, and content
• Develop design layouts for digital and print communication materials (e.g. reports, event materials, social cards, infographics etc.)
• Coordinate the production (approvals, translation, printing, distribution) of digital and print communication materials, including annual report
• Coordinate archive of communications materials, including photography, stories, printed materials etc.
• Occasionally format and set up campaign petitions, letters or emails in New/Mode and Luminate
• Assist in the production of campaign, advertising, and other promotional materials including print ads, PSAs, videos etc.
• Maintenance of Google AdWords account (monitor click-through rate, create new ads)
• Track invoices in budget
• Request quotes and liaise with external vendors (e.g. printers, designers, developers, photographers, translators etc.)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND CHARACTERISTICS
• University degree or certificate program (or equivalent) in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in marketing, communications, or design, ideally in a non-profit environment
• Demonstrated skill in the use of graphic design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate production of marketing and communications materials
• Demonstrated skill in tracking and reporting web metrics (Google Analytics)
• Demonstrated skill in the use of CMS platforms (e.g. WordPress)
• Experience using email marketing and online fundraising/advocacy apps (e.g. Luminate, New/Mode, TeamRaiser) an asset
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic marketing and communications strategies, especially for donor audiences
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Creative, collaborative, diplomatic, enthusiastic, flexible
• The Canadian Women’s Foundation is a national organization. As such, bilingual candidates will be given special consideration.
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter (quoting reference #PE-001), and digital portfolio to email@example.com by end of day, Friday, Nov. 2, 2018. No phone calls please. We thank all who express interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The salary range for this role is $40,000 - 46,500, and includes an excellent benefits package, 34-hour work week, and flexible work environment.
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is committed to building a diverse workforce. We welcome employees’ differences in age, colour, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and other characteristics that make them unique.
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is Canada’s public foundation for women and girls. We empower women and girls in Canada to move out of violence, out of poverty, and into confidence and leadership. Since 1991, we’ve raised money and invested in over 1,500 community programs across Canada, and are one of the largest women’s foundations in the world.
For more information, please visit www.canadianwomen.org