The CPA has an exciting opportunity for a new position in the Communications and Marketing department. The position is for a Telesales Coordinator. The incumbent provides proactive and responsive inbound and outbound sales and service support via email and telephone, with the goal of building and maintaining ongoing relationships with current and prospective members and students, enhancing their experience with the CPA, driving event, course and seminar registration, and furthering the Association’s business objectives.
Certification Program Support:
- Follows up with leads/prospective students for the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) and Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) certification programs to increase course enrolments or attendance at Certification Information Sessions
- Interacts with targeted, segmented lists of certification students, candidates or certified members to drive specific behaviors
Communications and Marketing Program Support:
- Supports the Association’s member acquisition marketing programs and campaigns to market membership to non-members (for example, non-member participants in Professional Development Seminars, networking events, webinars and trade shows)
- Supports the Association’s education and event marketing programs and campaigns to register participants in CPA networking and education events (for example, National Conference, regional symposiums and summits, National Payroll Week events, professional development seminars, webinars, Certification courses, etc.)
Administrative and other duties as assigned:
- Creates and distributes various miscellaneous reports, status updates, presentation, and minutes/discussion notes as required
- Understands member/prospect needs by supporting research initiatives
- University degree or College diploma, preferably in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service or Administration
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in a sales support or customer service role
- Bilingual (English and French) is considered a highly desirable asset.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Previous experience with customer relationship management systems or customer contact databases (e.g. Maximizer, IMIS, Informz)
- Previous sales and customer service experience in a B2B environment
- Proficiency reporting on findings and insights from interactions with current and prospective stakeholders
- Proficiency reporting on the achievement of identified targets and quotas is considered is considered an asset
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency, and achieves results within established timelines
- Highly persuasive and is able to convince, or motivate people to behave in a desired manner
- Extraordinary customer service: flexible and effective in dealing with customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with effective telephone manner
- Good organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize
The Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) is the national association that has represented employers’ payroll interests since 1978. The CPA is an influential organization, affecting payroll practices in hundreds of thousands of small, medium and large employers across the country. With more than 19,500 members in Canada and abroad, the CPA is recognized as the pre-eminent source of knowledge and information for anyone who administers a Canadian payroll; delivering certification, professional development programs, and products and services that enable payroll practitioners to enhance operations, meet new legislative requirements and utilize emerging technologies.
You’ll love working for the CPA because:
- We reward competitively for your skills and contribution
- You will be eligible to receive a performance incentive based on your contribution and Association results
- We offer comprehensive Group Benefits & RRSP programs
- We are conveniently located in downtown Toronto
- You will enjoy seasonal floater days, personal paid days
- We encourage you to continuously develop your talents and toolkit through exciting projects and our professional development program
To Apply: Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
The Canadian Payroll Association
The Canadian Payroll Association is committed to diversity and employment equity and welcomes all applications from qualified individuals.
The Canadian Payroll Association is an equal opportunity employer; as such, accommodation is available to applicants that may require it. Applicants requiring accommodation are encouraged to contact Jelena Misur, HR Coordinator at email@example.com to discuss requirements.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.