The CPA has an exciting opportunity for a Bilingual Receptionist in our Member Services Department. This position is the CPAs front-line contact responsible for responding, directing and distributing all incoming inquiries and information (written, verbal or in person). Coordinate administrative services and assist CPA.
- Greet, assist and direct visitors
- Receive, respond to and direct incoming calls
- Respond efficiently to general inquiries by various methods (i.e., phone, fax, e-mail, mail)
- Coordinate the reservation of boardroom meeting rooms
- Maintain a professional reception area; including dissemination CPA information materials
Mail, Fax, Courier, Other Information:
- Sort, open and distribute incoming mail/faxes and coordinate outgoing mail
- Open, respond to and distribute incoming e-mails in general mailboxes and process changes on member records in iMIS
- Coordinate coding and authorization of invoices requiring multiple signatures (i.e., courier, phone, etc.)
- Follow up on all returned mail and email to update records
- Arrange regular mailings to remote staff
- Coordinate long distance codes and calling cards, conference calls and accounts, access cards, etc.
- Assist in faxing, photocopying and preparing outgoing mail and courier packages
- Order office and other supplies and maintain adequate inventory levels ensuring good quality and competitive prices (including coordinating shedding company)
- Liaise with Building management and other suppliers and service providers
- Code shared services invoices and respond to all suppliers/service providers inquiries
- Post-secondary education – University degree or College diploma in (or working towards)
- Fluently bilingual is required, English and French, both written and spoken
- 1+ year office experience; experience in reception duties is preferred
- Strong knowledge of MS Office in Windows environment (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and keyboard skills
- Ability to operate a switchboard, fax machine, photocopier and other office equipment
- Some understanding of accounting is an asset
- Extraordinary customer service: flexible and effective in dealing with customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with effective telephone manner
- Good organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to perform tasks accurately
- Good team player
- Pleasant manners; supportive, flexible, courteous and friendly
- Portrays a polished, professional image
The Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) is the national association that has represented employers’ payroll interests since 1978. The CPA is an influential organization, affecting payroll practices in hundreds of thousands of small, medium and large employers across the country. With more than 19,500 members in Canada and abroad, the CPA is recognized as the pre-eminent source of knowledge and information for anyone who administers a Canadian payroll; delivering certification, professional development programs, and products and services that enable payroll practitioners to enhance operations, meet new legislative requirements and utilize emerging technologies.
You’ll love working for the CPA because:
- We reward competitively for your skills and contribution
- You will be eligible to receive a performance incentive based on your contribution and Association results
- We offer comprehensive Group Benefits & RRSP programs
- We are conveniently located in downtown Toronto
- You will enjoy seasonal floater days, personal paid days
- We encourage you to continuously develop your talents and toolkit through exciting projects and our professional development program
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
The Canadian Payroll Association
The Canadian Payroll Association is committed to diversity and employment equity and welcomes all applications from qualified individuals.
The Canadian Payroll Association is an equal opportunity employer; as such, accommodation is available to applicants that may require it. Applicants requiring accommodation are encouraged to contact Jelena Misur, HR Coordinator at email@example.com to discuss requirements.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.