Assistant, Subspecialty & Special Interest Groups
POSITION Assistant, Subspecialty & Special Interest Groups
REPORTS TO Director, Education & Guideline Development
The Assistant, Subspecialty & Special Interest Groups supports the activities of the Canadian Paediatric Society’s (CPS) subspecialty and special interest groups including the development of various professional education activities and the organization’s efforts to engage paediatricians and subspecialists with common interests.
- Organize section activities at the Annual Conference, including section program development, schedules, faculty, socials and award dinners, section abstract reviews, one-on-one meetings with section presidents
- Organize section award and grant programs
- Organize section executive membership and elections
- Maintain up to date roster of Resident Program representatives and ensure receipt of all required reports, expense claims, etc.
- Arrange section president participation at CPS Leadership meetings
- Prepare annual section budgets based on set standards
- Maintain web pages, special databases and listserves for sections, resident education, section awards and grants
- Assist section executives with the development of documents within the CPS Online Review System (ORS)
- Process provisional section and special interest group (SIG) applications and maintain appropriate guidelines and procedures
- Process accreditation applications and work with the Director to maintain the Society's accredited provider status with the Royal College
- Create & maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans & reports (e.g. accreditation, award/grant guidelines)
Other duties as assigned to meet the business needs of the organization.
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATION(S) & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education/training in administration
- 1-2 years of experience, preferably in not-for-profit sector
The CPS uses the Microsoft Office suite of products and all staff are required to be proficient in the use of these tools.
- Bilingualism - English / French - strong oral, comprehension and written skills - is an asset
- Experience with email marketing tooks (e.g. Constant Contact)
- Experience with listserve software
As a small but complex national organization, the CPS is a collaborative workplace. Staff are supportive, flexible, and interested in how they can support each other’s work. Success of the CPS depends in part on our public profile and reputation as a credible, evidence-based organization. As such, staff take great care in the organization’s products and communications, from emails to letters to our websites.
- Organized and able to juggle priorities, as needed
- Able to answer telephone and e-mail inquiries with tact and sensitivity
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & TRAVEL
The majority of the work performed at the CPS is in a clean and comfortable office environment. In general, all roles within the CPS requires extensive use of a keyboard and mouse and spends a significant portion of the day concentrating, interacting (in person or by phone), typing and reading at a work station or office. Regular use of typical office equipment (photocopier, printer etc.) is required as is moving about the office to use the equipment. Occasionally this role may be required to stand, to present information verbally (formally or informally at meetings) and to lift or move office supplies weighing no more than 3 to 5 lbs.
The unique requirements of this position includes
- Position requires some travel, including 5-6 days at annual conference
- Ability to work overtime on an infrequent basis to meet deadlines
To apply for this position please send a résumé and cover letter, including salary expectations, detailing why you are right for this position and referencing the job title in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is 4 p.m. ET, Friday, September 21, 2018 and interviews will be held from September 24 to October 5, 2018.
The CPS is a smoke-free environment. For more information about CPS, visit www.cps.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or phone calls, please.