Are you are CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST looking for flexibility, a supportive team, and career fulfillment?
If so, JOIN US at CMHA-YR; where value and recognition are a given.
Closing Date: Until Filled
1 Year Contract, Full-time, 35 Hours per Week, Evening Hours and Weekends will be required
INCLUDES BENEFITS PACKAGE
Competition #: 2019-002
Our Mission: As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
Our Organizational Values:
- Client and Family Centered – through partnership, accountability and action
- Culturally Competent – to provide the best service and work experience
- Innovation – to bring value to our community
Team Values: Trust, Respect, Communication and Teamwork.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week. Evening and weekend hours will be required.
Location: York and South Simcoe region – Office is located in Vaughan.
Travel to other offices will be required.
The Clinical Psychologist provides support to the Bounce Back program. Bounce Back is a guided, self-help program, grounded in CBT, for mild to moderate depression and anxiety, for individuals across Ontario. Within the BB program, the Clinical Psychologist is responsible for (1) initial training of coaches and other staff in delivering the Bounce Back, (2) ongoing training and support for coaches and BB staff, (3) ensuring program fidelity and quality of services, and (4) assist with the professional development of the BB team. The Clinical Psychologist will actively contribute to quality improvement of the program, and participate in research activities. Appropriate training will be provided to the incumbent. In addition, the Clinical Psychologist will lead the development and implementation for overall therapy services within CMHA. Other duties as required.
In addition to compliance with all organizational policies and procedures, the incumbent is also expected to behave ethically, demonstrate competence in effective communication and team building, demonstrate effectiveness in working in a collaborative environment, and demonstrate confidence in decision-making and in building relationships.
- An adult competency with the College of Psychologists of Ontario is required
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Strict adherence to the College of Psychologists of Ontario’s Standards and Professional Conduct
- Graduate degree in psychology (or another mental health discipline)
- Extensive supervised clinical experience delivering cognitive-behavioural therapy (e.g., accredited internship or multiple practica with a CBT focus)
- Experience with delivery of low-intensity CBT interventions
- Experience teaching/training/supervising other mental health clinicians in delivery of CBT
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
- Experience with risk management, particularly with respect to suicide risk
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office and Outlook
- A satisfactory and current Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Ability to work flexible working hours
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of local and regional mental health services
- Knowledge of various legislations and standards for the practice of psychology in Canada
- Ability to research and analyze complex information and provide program recommendations based on psychological and educational needs
- Knowledge of the Ontario Mental Health Act, mental health reform principles, the Substitute Decisions Act, the Health Care Consent Act and PHIPA requirements
- Extensive knowledge of supports and services in York Region, including formal and informal resources
This position reports to and is supervised by the Senior Director of Service, Quality and Innovation.
CMHA-YR - Come for a job; find your career!
Working Conditions: Works extensively at a desk using a computer up to 7 hours a day, standard office setting, weekend/evening hours are required.
Disclaimer: In keeping with mental health reform, best practices, funding and direction this position may later require knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions not noted here.
Why work for CMHA York Region?
We are team committed to our vision of mentally healthy people in a healthy society. That means we respect that our clients are the experts in their recovery journey and our role is to provide support, resources and opportunities based on their hopes and dreams. It means that we foster and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit to create, implement and sustain innovative, evidence based and transformational impact. We seek out and build partnerships, collaborate and share knowledge to be the most culturally competent team and fully integrated service delivery partner.
Our team cares for each other. We have our own team values of trust, respect, teamwork and communication. We hold ourselves accountable and we celebrate our wins. Because we risk, we learn and we take the opportunity and time to constantly improve our skills, the way we function as a team and ultimately deliver services. We are a team committed to mental health for all. Join us and be part of providing great care in great communities!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow the link on this posting or visit the Career section of our website. Complete the application form and submit cover letter and resume (PDF or Word) together as one (1) document / attachment in the Resume section, outlining how your experience matches our requirements, to the Human Resources Department quoting Competition # 2019-002.
CMHA, York Region Branch supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We welcome people with lived experience, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQ(+), visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process, email AODA@cmha-yr.on.ca
Online: www.cmha-yr.on.ca, under CAREERS section.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that if you are currently active in another recruitment cycle, you will not be eligible for this position.