Posting for Payroll Administrator
(Full time-37.5 hours per week)
The Canadian Mental Health Association/Peel Dufferin Branch is recruiting for a Payroll Administrator, who is looking for a career in the fast growing sector of Healthcare Finance.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, detail oriented and skilled Payroll professional experienced in working with non-profit payroll administration and with an interest in continuous improvement to create work efficiencies and a high level of accuracy in the finance department.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the incumbent will perform all tasks related to payroll administration, assigned AP work, capital assets management, and support the Corporate Services leadership team.
This is a permanent full time position (37.5 hours per week) and the incumbent will work out of our Suite 601, 7700 Hurontario Street, Brampton office.
Salary band is $42,000-$49,500 per year
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of payroll information.
- Process bi-weekly payroll using Quadrant software, ensuring accuracy and maintaining the system.
- Review timesheets and follow up to resolve issues upstream as required
- Reconcile insurance, Receiver General, pension plan statements.
- Run payroll reports, publish pay statements to QHRnet, prepare and distribute T4’s and ROEs accurately and on time.
- Reconcile and adjust remittances and submit for review and payment.
- Responsible for annual United Way payroll deduction and reconciliation reporting.
- Provide timely responses to staff for any inquires related to payroll and benefit banks in a professional manner
- Deposit all cheques and cash, process all visa payments
- Other payroll related tasks as required
- Enter assigned AP work to GP on a bi-weekly basis, ensuring deadlines are met
- Act as backup to AP
- Provide support with the implementation of a software solution to assist with AP, and take on new responsibilities as required upon completion of implementation
Capital Assets Management Responsibility
- Track and enter the information for capital assets
- Verify and ensure the existence of the assets by location and program
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Education in Payroll, Accounting, or Finance.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a payroll/accounts payable position.
- Completion or actively enrolled in payroll certification program.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Canada-wide Payroll legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of payroll related Employment standards.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, working within deadlines and schedules.
- Strong MS- Excel skills and experience with payroll systems is a must
- Working knowledge of HRIS and Great Plains an asset
- Keen attention to details and must maintain professionalism and confidentiality in Finance and Payroll matters at all times.
- Ability to take ownership of duties and prioritize tasks.
- Experience in a non-profit organization is an asset.
CMHA Peel Dufferin provides a supportive work environment with a competitive salary, generous professional development opportunities, and excellent benefits including HOOPP pension plan and wellness fund, and an emphasis on work-life balance. For a list of Total Rewards, please visit the Careers page on our website http://cmhapeeldufferin.ca/
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter online via the link below:
CMHA Peel Dufferin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CMHA Peel Dufferin will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates under the Human Rights Code and AODA. Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.