Community Support Worker
The Canadian Mental Health Association - Peel Dufferin Branch is recruiting for a Community Support Worker to provide case management to adults 16 years and older.
This is a full time permanent position (37.5 hours per week). The incumbent will work primarily in the catchment area of Bolton, and Caledon and report to the Program Manager of the Dufferin/Bolton/Caledon care collaborative Team.
Salary Band is $49,500-$59,500 per year
To provide support to an assigned caseload of clients, including:
- Establishing a supportive, ongoing relationship with clients and their support systems
- Developing a Crisis Plan with each client and their supports to support and maintain client wellness
- Developing comprehensive assessments with clients and supports to identify client strengths and needs
- Establishing and implementing Recovery Plans to guide the mutual work towards client recovery and maintaining their housing
- Providing on-going supportive counselling, life skills coaching, pre-employment coaching and appropriate referrals to enable clients to achieve their goals
- Consulting, advocating and liaising with community resources and agencies to assist Clients in achieving their goals
- Monitoring clients’ mental health and initiating intervention to promote wellness
- Providing education on mental health, illnesses and wellness to clients and their families/other supports
- Providing ongoing support and referrals for families, as needed
- Establishing a follow-up plan for prior to discharge
- Maintaining appropriate record-keeping/documentation and client files, statistical and outcome measurement tools as required by CMHA/Peel Dufferin policies and procedures.
- Follow PHIPA legislation and CMHA Peel Dufferin policies and procedures governing Privacy and client personal health information and health records.
- Participating on agency, community committees and workgroups as requested by manager.
- Facilitating groups or social recreation activities as requested by manager.
- Attending and actively participating in team meetings and other client-related meetings and program meetings as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- University Degree in Social Work or College Diploma in social services or related field; BSW preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working with individuals with serious mental illness, concurrent disorders and/or vulnerable populations.
- Experience in community mental health and/or community based human services.
- Experience with assessments and OCANs is an asset.
- Awareness of resources in the catchment area is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Recovery Model in Mental Health is an asset.
- Positive attitude, with demonstrated sensitivity towards individuals and families experiencing mental illness and/or concurrent disorders.
- Demonstrated ability, within a team environment, to work independently as part of a coordinated effort, and to prioritize tasks in a manner that meets program needs and program objectives.
- Professional manner, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Client Record databases.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check, Valid driver’s license, relevant insurance and reliable vehicle is necessary.
- Ability to speak French or a second language is an asset.
CMHA Peel Dufferin provides a supportive work environment with a competitive salary, generous training opportunities, excellent benefits and an emphasis on work-life balance. For a list of our Total Rewards, please visit the Careers page on our website www.cmhapeeldufferin.ca/
Qualified applicants may submit their resume and cover letter online via the link below:
CMHA Peel Dufferin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CMHA Peel Dufferin will make every effort to accommodate the needs of candidates through the hiring process, under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process.