IMMEDIATE VACANCY - Program Facilitator
Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work (CCRW)
Contract Job Posting
**START ASAP - APPLY ASAP**
Position: Interim Youth the Future (YTF) Program Facilitator/Job Developer, Montreal
Location: Montreal QC
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week – until Jan 31 2020 with possibility of extension
Start Date: ASAP
Reporting: Reports to YTF Manager
Pay Level: $20.40 per hour
Scope and Purpose:
CCRW is paving the way to a fully inclusive nation, because we believe that disability should never stand in the way of ambition. Youth the Future (YTF) is a Program aimed at preparing youth with disabilities, ages 15-30, for work experience through classroom essential skills training and on-the-job work experience.
The Interim YTF Program Facilitator/Job Developer is responsible for delivering interactive group-based workshops to young women with diverse disabilities, meeting the employment-related needs of clients referred and/or self-identifying for admission to YTF. The incumbent will actively job develop when not facilitating, in particular as of March 5th 2018 through to end of contract. She works collaboratively with YTF Program Coordinator, ultimately reporting to YTF Manager.
The incumbent will:
- Prepare, customize, and facilitate interactive group-based workshops based on an existing curriculum, to youth with diverse disabilities, on workplace and employment-related essential skills, life skills, leadership development, etc.
- Support the skills of participants through the process of identifying, analyzing and prioritizing their needs, from individual action plans to implementing developed curriculum.
- Proactively obtain supportive work experiences with businesses in the community for YTF participants, leading to job retention.
- Work closely with community partners determining job seeker selection, classroom accommodations, etc.
- Identify and take action on potential advocacy issues within the community as they relate to consumers accessing Programs and services.
- Discuss Program deliverables with the Program Coordinator and while working to meet the clients’ program objectives and goals
- Communicates on a constant basis with the Program Coordinator and provides weekly reports to the Program Coordinator as needed.
- Weekly case conference meetings are conducted with the Program Coordinator respecting the status of each client and provide reports
- Performs other duties as may be required and as identified by the YTF Program Coordinator/National Manager.
- Fully bilingual in French and English
- Experience in conducting workshops or presentations
- Creative, organized, innovative and enthusiastic
- "G" licence a strong asset
- Post-Secondary Degree, majoring in a human behavior field
- Proven leadership, communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience with identifying disability barriers and assisting clients to achieve their employment goals.
- Ability to maintain ongoing relationships with employers and monitor clients at their job shadowing
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please send your resume and covering letter in one document via email to:
YTF National Manager
CCRW is respectful of diversity – candidates from all backgrounds are welcome to apply.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org