The Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction (CCSA) changes lives by bringing people and knowledge together to reduce the harms of substance use (including alcohol, cannabis and opioids) and other drugs on society. We partner with public, private and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to improve the health and safety of Canadians.
An NGO organization with a national focus, CCSA’s vision is for a healthier Canadian society where evidence transforms approaches to substance use. It is the mandate of the Strategic Partnerships and Knowledge Mobilization (SPKM) division to facilitate, lead and participate in gathering, connecting and mobilizing people, knowledge and other resources for collective action and change toward shared goals.
The Project Coordinator will support initiatives aligned with CCSA’s activities, including providing secretariat support to national meetings, planning knowledge exchange events, and facilitating meeting planning. The Project Coordinator is skilled at participating as an active member of a diverse team responsible for programmatic project management of various initiatives to support CCSA’s collaborative activities and the impact of its work.
· Develop project objectives in collaboration with Project Lead, involving all stakeholders and ensuring feasibility (i.e., technical and organizational capacity, resource availability).
· Develop meetings in collaboration with Project Lead (e.g., co-design workshops, stakeholder meetings, advisory meetings), which include recruitment of participants, drafting of meeting materials (e.g., agendas, meeting minutes), securing venues and audio/visual equipment, catering, and more.
· In collaboration with Project Lead and Quality and Risk Officer, monitor and report on their project progress (e.g., write meeting summaries, briefing notes, presentations and/or executive summaries).
· Ensure that any project concerns and/or risks are communicated to the Project Lead and Associate Director.
· Ensure the ongoing participation, satisfaction and commitment of existing partners and stakeholders related to priority projects through ongoing communication and by supporting them in their endeavours to work with CCSA.
· Identify and engage key stakeholders and partners in the advancement of the initiative’s objectives (e.g., recruiting new members and retaining existing members).
· Promote events to key audiences using targeted methods.
· Coordinate internal resources, external partners and vendors for the smooth execution of projects.
· Support Project Lead to ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
· Participate in the development and execution of internal processes for review of deliverables, budget, and production of resources.
· Working with the Collective Impact and Performance Measurement Analyst, report on project performance using appropriate organizational systems, tools and techniques.
· Develop detailed work plans to track progress.
· Create schedule and project timelines.
· Manage project budgets.
· Track deliverables and keep team updated regarding timelines.
· Create and maintain thorough project documentation.
· Other duties as assigned.
· University or College degree, Project Management Professional Certification (PMP), or a minimum of 2 years of project management experience.
· Knowledge of concepts, approaches and practices relevant to project management.
· Strong organizational, planning and time management skills, with the ability to multitask, produce and coordinate projects with tight timelines.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven ability to foresee risk and allow for contingency when planning; monitor and adjust plans, as necessary.
· Experience leading and managing complex and multiple projects.
· Experience/expertise in the field of substance use and addiction or other chronic health conditions.
· Experience working in or with governmental, non-governmental and international organizations.
· Bilingualism — French and English.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a résumé and covering letter by email to email@example.com. We thank all respondents; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org