Caring every day, building stronger families…
BridgeWay Family Centre (BridgeWay) is a non-profit charitable agency providing free prenatal and early learning programs and supports to families and caregivers with children 0 - 6 years of age. We provide a variety of programs at 40 locations in Mississauga and Brampton. BridgeWay is funded by various levels of government through their programs as well as by foundations, grants and donations.
Please visit our website at www.bridgewaycentre.ca for more information.
We are currently seeking an Outreach Specialist to profile our programs with community partners and potential clients resulting in increased utilization of services.
The Outreach Specialist is responsible for planning, promoting and coordinating outreach programs to increase awareness of programs and locations, and increase utilization. They develop proactive positive relationships with community partners and potential clients alike connecting them to our programs. The Outreach Specialist will develop a network of contacts within new and existing community partners, create new referral sources, host special events and projects and create and implement a system of evaluation to determine the most effective outreach methods. The successful candidate will be a highly experienced, innovative, motivated and skilled individual who works well within a team setting.
- Develop an outreach strategy to promote BridgeWay’s programs including an evaluation component to determine the most effective activities
- Identify and prioritize key referral relationships
- Act as community liaison, coordinating community linkages and collaborating with relevant community partners to promote BridgeWay programs
- Manage and service relationships with referrals sources in a comprehensive manner
- Host community events to develop connections and educate people about BridgeWay
- Conduct mini-programs at events to engage families (e.g. our Move and Groove program)
- Provide outreach to families from different cultural and diverse backgrounds
- Work in cooperation with BridgeWay’s Communications Specialist to provide content for social media channels and website
- Prepare outreach program documentation as required and ensure that service statistics are completed on a monthly basis
- Other duties as they may arise
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) with strong attention to detail
- Broad based knowledge of community services for children and families in Peel Region
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively with a variety of individuals at different levels and from different areas/functions
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work outside traditional business hours to conduct community outreach events
- Bachelor's Degree or diploma in relevant field
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills including relationship-building skills, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent soft skills, including self-awareness and empathy
- G Class Driver's Licence (Required) as well as access to own vehicle
- Emergency First Aid/CPR B or C
- Acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check
- Experience in a not for profit setting
- Experience in early childhood education/child development program
- Additional languages
We offer excellent training, compensation, benefits, and a supportive dynamic work environment.
Please apply with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
BridgeWay Family Centre is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interview.