After School Program Staff
After School Program Assistant
Employment Terms: Part-Time, Contract
Start Date: ASAP
Branksome Hall, a leading independent International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls challenges and inspires girls to love learning and shape a better world. Through the unique combination of a wellness mindset, outstanding academics and global engagement opportunities, Branksome Hall students and employees become transformational leaders. The school offers a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills. Our graduates are accepted by the leading universities in Canada and around the world.
Working under the direction of the Director of the After School Program, this position is responsible for assisting with the overall routines, supervision, planning and implementing of program activities for children 4-12 years of age.
The hours for this position will generally be Monday- Friday from 3:00-6:00 p.m. during the academic year.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with overall routines, program planning and implementation in the after school program;
- Assist with daily attendance records and liaise with parents and/or other caregivers;
- Assist with supervision of homework;
- Assist with supervision of outdoor play activities;
- Escort children safely to and from after school activities within the school campus;
- Liaise with parents and care givers;
- Answer phone call;
- Operate the school entry system;
- Daily clean up;
- Assume responsibility for the supervision of the children in the absence of the Supervisor or Director;
- Junior School supervision as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working with groups of children;
- Ed. or E.C.E preferred;
- Standard First Aid and CPR;
- Good communication skills;
- An understanding of child development and age appropriate activities.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “ASP Assistant” in the subject line.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Branksome Hall, please visit http://www.branksome.on.ca