Technology Early Talent Development Program - Software Developer
At BMO you can have more than a job you can have a career! We focus on our brand building blocks Human, Intuitive and OneBank and align to our overall goals of Unifying, Simplifying and Accelerating.
This full-time rotational program provides a unique opportunity for associates to learn/experience all components of Software Lifecycle and different functional areas within Capital Markets and Enterprise Risk Technology. Over this two year period, associates will learn about Capital Markets and Enterprise Risk and see how technology is delivering innovative solutions to service our end clients.
Associates can rotate between one or more of the following technology functions:
- Technical – Developer
- Business – Business Analyst and Quality Assurance
- Product Management
Associates can also focus on a given technology function and rotate across the following business segments:
- Fixed Income, FX and Commodities
- Equity and Research
- Investment and Corporate Banking
- Enterprise Risk – with focus on Market, Credit and Risk Methodologies
Throughout the two-year program, associates have a mentor and receive multitude of training and learning opportunities to help them grow.
Associates in our Developer steam will build, enhance, and implement technology solutions employed in Trading Products, Investment and Corporate Banking, Commercial Lending and Enterprise Risk Management functions. Developers will work in an integrated environment, capable of deploying ‘full stack’ solutions (back end to front end) solutions in agile development cycles.
Developers are expected to:
- Understand core business processes and poses domain knowledge to effectively build appropriate solutions
- Understanding of architecture patterns, technology strategy, security framework and tools
- Create detailed design documents
- Write quality code
- Keep abreast with emerging technology and design patterns
- Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities and recommends solutions.
- Make recommendations to improve BMO`s SDLC processes and systems
The successful candidate will demonstrate the technical competency to build back-end and front end components of the technology solution, and work closely with the integrated team to enhance, modify, and deploy solutions for clients.
• UI Front End – Web Application & Development
o Java & Angular JS
• Back- End Development
o Java (and other JVM languages like Scala, Groovy, Clojure)
o .NET (C#, VB)
• Data Science
o Excel Statistics
• Ability to work quickly and accurately
• Aware of Agile and Waterfall Software Development
• Good team spirit and ability to take initiative
• Flexibility, availability and attention to detail
• Ability to learn new software programs and applications
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to think from an end user’s perspective on the usage of systems
• Innovative and forward thinking
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.