Specialist, Personal Lending (Montreal)
The Specialist, Personal Lending is accountable to provide exceptional sales and service to BMO customers or prospects by handling incoming calls to the Customer Contact Centre. This role is accountable to advise customers on personal lending strategies that meet the customer’s lending objectives, and fulfill sales & service activities for the customer in accordance with approved procures and in compliance with security commissions regulations. This role will process lending requests by entering the customer’s relevant application detail into the Bank’s loan decision system and pull a credit bureau thereby facilitating the rendering of a credit decision. As such, the incumbent is required to be knowledgeable with the Bank’s credit granting principles and operate in accordance with relevant product and risk management policy and procedures.
80%: Sales and Service
- Provide exceptional sales and service to BMO customers or prospects by handling incoming calls to the CCC in an informed, professional and efficient manner.
- Probe to understand customer needs and provide advice related to personal lending strategies that meet the client’s lending objectives and manage all transactional outcomes of the call in a professional and accurate manner (e.g., complete any relevant administration requirements).
- Identify opportunities to make qualified referrals to Financial Planners in BMO branches and/ or the CCC investments team to ensure that client needs are met.
- Process customer requests, following established processes including generating service requests in order to complete financial and non-financial transactions, accurately, within specified time frames and in accordance with Bank policies and procedures
- Address and resolve any customer issue or concern presented in an incoming call. This may include investigating in BMO systems to understand the underlying root cause and escalate as required to resolve the customer concern. Escalate complex or unresolved customer situations to the Manager/Assistant Manager as required.
- Follow all BMO policies and procedures during customer calls in order to minimize risk to the business and provide the customer with appropriate information as per established regulations. Perform any required documentation after the call is completed to ensure an accurate processing of any client request.
- Maintain current knowledge of the lending industry, practices and trends and integrate into customer conversations in a professional manner.
- Contact the customer to obtain the necessary information to manage the credit application (as required) ensuring the customer is aware at all times of the status/result of the credit application.
- Use applicable technology and tools to facilitate an effective conversation with the customer and drive appropriate business results.
- Integrate marketing promotions and programs into the customer conversation where appropriate to demonstrate added value to the customer, completing any necessary administration, as appropriate.
20%: Risk Management & Control
- Identify process improvement opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the team and still maintain an exceptional level of service to the customer. Make recommendations to the manager.
- Protect BMO assets by adhering to all applicable personal banking, commercial banking, investment and lending regulations, policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, process requirements and established risk guidelines.
- Process lending applications within a first line of defence capacity. The incumbent will apply prudent credit granting principles commensurate with the product which includes a careful review and entering of application information into the Bank’s loan decision system.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of requisite product and credit risk management policies and procedures.
- Maintain the confidentiality of both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank policies and procedures
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures in accordance with Bank P&P for the prevention of loss due to fraud, money laundering or defalcation; identify and report suspicious and other reportable transactions or patterns of activity that are suspected of being related to money laundering.
- Understand regulatory and compliance requirements that include, but are not limited to, Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing reporting requirements, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) consumer provision requirements and Privacy Act provisions, in accordance with Bank policies and procedures; take appropriate action.
- Understand risks and take appropriate actions as they relate to personal and commercial deposit, and lending products and services, including all documentation, and any other requirements to maintain operational integrity within BMO Direct Banking and BMO Financial Group.
- Current post-secondary student completing studies in Business Administration, Commerce or Social Sciences
- Interest in becoming Credit Qualified without Personal Limits
- Interest in becoming Term Investment Qualified
- Interest in learning more about the Lending Process
- Interest in developing knowledge of all operational processes and supporting applications and policies
- Knowledge and understanding of sales & service
- Good knowledge of call centre technology, processes and metrics
- Communication skills (verbal & written) (In-depth)
- Proven conflict resolution skills (Working)
- Organizational awareness (Basic)
- Some success working in a similar and/or related sales & service environment (Basic) Some understanding of Risk Management & Compliance (Basic)
Who can apply and how?
In order to apply, you must be a current post-secondary student available to work full-time as of May 2019. Please follow the link and have a copy of your resume, cover letter and official transcript ready.
If you are selected, you will be contacted by a member of the Campus Recruitment team to discuss your qualifications and potential fit for the role. If you are not successful in the application process, you will be notified via email.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job: Customer Contact Centre
Primary Location: Canada-Quebec-Montreal