Software Developer Co-op - 4, 8 or 12 months
We’re here to help kick-start your career.
Are you looking to gain co-op experience at a Financial Institution? We’re searching for dedicated and customer focused post-secondary students to join our team. As a Developer, you’ll get to know our business quickly by working with a diverse group of talented professionals in a dynamic environment. At BMO, your ideas will be heard and your potential will always be recognized. Join us, and you’ll be part of a true team, collaborating with people who will help you build an exciting, solid career.
What you will do
- Communicate technological needs and processes effectively in a financial services setting.
- Interact with client groups across many different areas of the Bank
- Enhance system features for problem avoidance, operating cost reduction, or increased usability.
- Write codes according to accepted standards to ensure that the application runs properly in a production environment or to correct application defects.
- Write and execute unit test cases and participate in integration testing and user acceptance testing as required to ensure that the application functions as per specifications.
- Participate in team meetings and minor projects.
What you have
• Knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes
• Knowledge of databases
• Java programming
• Understanding of relevant technologies
• Strong analytical ability for problem solving
• Strong communication and technical writing skills
• Strong in writing scripts (ksh, perl, sql and etc.)
• Possesses good skills in Excel and PPT
• student with excellent communication
• Strong ability to work within a team
• “Never give up” work ethic
• Commands skills in:
• Can write SQL statements and understands the basics of DBs
• Can work with Unix and Windows environments
• Basic understanding of Networking principles.
• Experience with IBM technologies like Webseal, Websphere would be an asset
Who you are
• Eager to collaborate and learn.
• A professional and confident team player
• A strong communicator
• An Engineering; Computer Science; IT Management major
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day.
Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.