Software Developer (Security)
- Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers
- Decomposes business requirements and translate them into detailed design specifications and code
- Assesses the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommends / decides on appropriate designs
- Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery
- Conceives and writes detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements
- Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets, use the enterprise monitoring/logging, require minimal to zero maintenance and are aligned with architectural patterns and technology strategy
- Devises new algorithms and data structures for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with architectural patterns
- Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrates technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Supports production issues, including Independently completes root-cause analysis and diagnosis
- Evaluates new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security).
- Works toward the objective of defect free software. Ensures that systems functionally meet requirements, aligns with architecture and promotes the development of common assets.
- Supports the resolution of production issues and problems. Makes recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems.
- Supports the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes, including managing small projects to completion, as required to deliver business objectives
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
- Experience with programming languages such as Java and/or C#
- Technical knowledge of web services, service-oriented architecture (SOA), and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), specifically IBMs Datapower XC-10 & XI-52 appliances
- Experience developing applications for IBM Security Access Manager (ISAM)
- Experience using and writing various scripting languages (Unix shell, python, ant, etc.)
- Experience in driving performance testing/monitoring and tuning
- Experience with DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, and/or other enterprise-class RDBMS.
- Experience with DevOps tools: Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Ansible, Artifactory
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or more of the following operating systems: Windows, i5/OS, z/OS, AIX, and/or Linux.
- Demonstrated problem solver, creative thinking and ability to provide out-of-the-box ideas & implementation to evolve & mature the overall all technology platform
- Strong familiarity with security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signatures), PKI concepts, and SSL
- Ability to demonstrate detailed orientation and organizational skills with a track record of consistently meeting deliverables
- Quick learner with the ability to take ownership, work independently & as a part of team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate through oral and written communication skills across wide range of audience
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.