Software Developer - On Line Banking
Technology plays a vital role at BMO. Based on our enterprise technology vision, we lead the development and implementation of innovative and cost effective information technology strategies, multiyear investment plans, solutions and operational environments that support and enable BMO lines of business to meet defined strategies. This includes:
- Delivering solutions on time, on budget with engineered designs, quality, costs and operational readiness.
- Running an efficient and effective technology infrastructure and information technology operations which reduces ongoing costs and leverages common assets while delivering increased service level performance.
- Safeguarding our environments, data, intellectual property, and operating within our risk appetite.
Junior Software Developer - On-Line Banking
Simply, unify, and accelerate. Build, surround, and empower. We want to be builders of world-class customer experiences, researchers of leading technologies, and champions of good software design. If that sounds like you, let’s create the next great thing together at BMO!
What will you do here?
- Build customer-focused solutions for high-profile projects that can be used immediately
- Lay the foundation for robust and anti-fragile services to support our client experiences
- Partner with business teams to drive change for better customer experiences
- Strengthen your fundamentals of clean code through test driven design
- Learn emerging and established technology stacks to help transform our capabilities
What makes you a great fit?
- Either 0-2 years of work experience in an IT or business environment; or currently pursuing a B.Sc./B.Eng. in computer science, engineering, math, business, or other equivalent programs
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through personal projects, formal training, or work experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good collaboration and multi-tasking capabilities
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible and self-directed
- Familiar with the Agile development process
What technical skills do we look out for?
- Familiarity or experience in some of the following areas:
- REST or GraphQL services
- ECMAScript 6+, TypeScript 2+, Java 8+, DotNetCore 2+
- Angular 2+, React, Vue.JS
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- Spring Boot, NodeJS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Reactive Programming: Redux, RxJS, NgRx
- Testing: Junit, Mocha, Mockito, Selenium
- Highly valued but not required:
- Distributed API security and best practices
- Native or hybrid mobile application frameworks
- Microservice archtectures and patterns
- API tools and frameworks
- Public cloud platforms and cloud-native technologies
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.