Software Developer - Big Data
The Big Data Developer is accountable for the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of the Enterprise Big Data Platform.
Specific Functions of this Role:
- Writes high quality and well-documented code according to accepted standards based on user requirements
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design
- Participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate
- Preparing reports, build guides and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of the applications
- Support production issues, including independently complete root-cause analysis and diagnosis.
- Contributes to successful completion of project deliverables
- Provides support to team members and application
- Provides some support for production and non-production environments
- Recommend or automate approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Possesses solid analytical skills, and creative thinking for complex problem solving
- Solid analysis and programming experience with Object Oriented programming
- Solid understanding of SDLC and QA requirements
- Possesses solid analytical skills for complex problem solving
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Thorough knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes
- Self-starter, ability to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Good understanding and strong interest of emerging technologies, and Big Data
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Science, Engineering
- Experience with programming languages – Java, and scripting languages – Shell, Python
- Experience with Hadoop, BigData (HBase/HIVE/Spark) and Open-Source technologies
- Solid understanding of design and development of applications using Java or similar technologies
- Solid knowledge of distributed computing
- Experience with SQL, Stored Procedures and Database Development
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.