Security Analyst - 4 or 8 months (Winter 2020 Co-op Pipeline)
Technology plays a vital role at BMO. Based on our enterprise technology vision, we lead the development and implementation of innovative and cost effective information technology strategies, multiyear investment plans, solutions and operational environments that support and enable BMO lines of business to meet defined strategies. This includes:
- Delivering solutions on time, on budget with engineered designs, quality, costs and operational readiness.
- Running an efficient and effective technology infrastructure and information technology operations which reduces ongoing costs and leverages common assets while delivering increased service level performance.
- Safeguarding our environments, data, intellectual property, and operating within our risk appetite.
The Security Analyst contributes to the Information Security Assessment Process by performing general operational functions/tasks that help to ensure the appropriate application of information security processes across the enterprise.
As a Security Analyst at BMO, here’s what you will do:
- You will collect documentation and conduct background research on products and technology to proactively support projects being assessed for security capabilities.
- You will serve as front line support to customers’ inquiries ensuring all service level agreements are met, and perform follow-ups on incident reports
- You will develop security components for banking systems, and configures systems for testing of security resilience and configuration.
- You will assist with data classification and business impact statements to ensure the projects provide accurate information.
- You will maintain operational procedures and framework, and assist in the day to day security application and infrastructure support to ensure security compliance.
- You will assist in providing existing resources to internal customers upon request to leverage existing guidelines.
- You will perform security knowledge transfer to assist making security part of normal IT and business activities.
- You will contribute to BMO Financial Group’s overall business results by making recommendations that significantly improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Security Analyst Co-op opportunities are available in our Toronto, Scarborough and Barrie offices.
What makes you a great fit?
- You’re Tech Savvy, pursuing post-secondary education in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems/Security, or Math, and available for a Winter 2020 work term
- You possess information or cyber security knowledge and skill set, including knowledge and understanding of security classification, security assessment processes, and system hardening.
- You have some knowledge of programming and/or networking.
- You like to solve complex problems. Analytical skills, with the ability to organize and disseminate large amounts of information with accuracy is important.
- You have basic knowledge of the project management processes, documentation, or audit and signoff authorities
- You can understand the core processes within your function, and can translate and explain them to others.
- Completion of a Security related certification is considered a nice to have, but not required (CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC).
How do you apply?
Click the link to apply online. Have a copy of your resume, cover letter and transcript ready. Please indicate your preferred availability (4mo, 8mo, 8mo+), and location preference in your cover letter or resume.
If we think you might be a good fit, we’ll contact you for a hiring manager interview. During the interview we’ll ask you technical and behavioural questions to see if you’re a good fit for the role and BMO culture.
Why work as a co-op student at BMO?
As a co-op student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You will:
- Be a member of the team from day one and will do work that adds value.
- Network and build connections with peers and senior leaders.
- Participate in learning and development opportunities to take your skills and knowledge to the next level.
- Work collaboratively with your peers to develop and present a solution to a business challenge.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together,
innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and networkbuilding opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.