Quality Assurance Analyst (Summer 2020) - 4 month Co-op & Internships
Address: 100 King Street West
Job Family Group: Technology
As a co-op/intern student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You will be part of our campus program to gain the skills and knowledge needed to take on roles similar to the description listed below.
Our student experience is designed to integrate you to the BMO team from day one by adding value in the work you do. You will have the opportunity to participate in programs such as the Women in Technology Mentorship Program, BMO First Friend peer assignment, BMO Social Squad student-led activities, BMO U corporate learning platform and access to various Employee Resource Groups to further develop your network within BMO. Returning students joining us in Summer 2020 will have the opportunity to attend a 3 day Student Leadership Summit held at the BMO Institute for Learning.
Note: To apply for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and an unofficial copy of your academic transcript. By applying for this general posting, you will be considered for a number of different student opportunities across multiple locations. If you are selected to move forward, you will be provided additional information.
Ensures the quality of the products that technology delivers, working closely with all applications, common services/middleware, and infrastructure teams throughout the development/engineering lifecycle. Designs, develops, executes, and maintains test plans of infrastructure, common services/middleware, data, and applications in various environments. Records and documents testing results (including anomalies and issues) and compares them to expected results. Detects solution failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected. Generates historical analysis of test results and maintains a list/repository of defects. Reviews and interprets all documentation related to testing, including business requirements and functional and design specifications, to provide input to the project team on the planning of testing activities. Provides immediate response to production program problems.
Job Description: â€‹
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Reviews, evaluates, and derives requirements for testability.
- Designs, develops, executes, and maintains testing strategies and plans to ensure stability and efficiency, enabling a seamless customer experience.
- Executes and verifies test cases as part of the overall functional testing of Information Technology products as well as reporting defects and test results to the stakeholders.
- Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and systems in the organization to improve overall efficiency and improve the bank.
- Ensures the accuracy and consistency of test results through documentation processes. Follows BMO’s SDLC process.
- Communicates the overall quality of a deliverable and ensures metrics are used to drive delivery and identify any areas of concern.
- Participates in programs/projects across the enterprise.
- Participates as an active stakeholder in every initiative, driving quality based on fact-based metrics.
- Ensures development teams’ unit testing practices are in place and confirms core criteria met prior to integrated testing delivery.
- Proactively provides improvement opportunities to the team to enhance the customer experience.
- Drives the testing automation capabilities.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the quality assurance capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- As a full-time employee, we would require 2-4 years of experience, however as part of the BMO campus program, we are looking for motivated individuals with a strong desire to learn.
- You’re pursuing post-secondary education in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Analytics, Math or any other program relevant to the role!
- Knowledge of the SDLC, testing concepts, methodologies, metrics, automated testing frameworks and BMO documentation standards.
- Understanding of BMO applications and infrastructure components.
- Problem solving skills including the ability to troubleshoot and identify problem areas throughout testing.
- Collaborate well with others. Ability to translate technical concepts into easy to understand terms.
- Able to analyze data and use testing metrics to highlight improvement opportunities.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.