Quality Assurance Analyst - 4 or 8 months (Winter 2020 Co-op Pipeline)
Technology plays a vital role at BMO. Based on our enterprise technology vision, we lead the development and implementation of innovative and cost effective information technology strategies, multiyear investment plans, solutions and operational environments that support and enable BMO lines of business to meet defined strategies. This includes:
- Delivering solutions on time, on budget with engineered designs, quality, costs and operational readiness.
- Running an efficient and effective technology infrastructure and information technology operations which reduces ongoing costs and leverages common assets while delivering increased service level performance.
- Safeguarding our environments, data, intellectual property, and operating within our risk appetite.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst ensures the quality of the products that Technology delivers, working closely with all applications, common services/middleware, and infrastructure teams throughout the development and engineering lifecycle.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst at BMO, here’s what you will do:
- You will design, develops, executes, and maintains testing strategies and plans of infrastructure, data, and applications to ensure stability and efficiency, enabling a seamless customer experience.
- You will review, record, and document testing results (including anomalies and issues) and compare them to expected results.
- You will follow BMO’s SLDC processes ensuring the accuracy and consistency of test results through the documentation processes, and report defects and results to stakeholders.
- You will make recommendations to streamline technological processes and systems in order to improve overall efficiency and our Bank.
- You will use metrics to identify concerns, and communicate the overall quality of deliverables
- You will learn, participate in programs and projects across the enterprise.
Quality Assurance Analyst Co-op opportunities are available in our Toronto, Scarborough and Barrie offices.
What makes you a great fit?
- You’re Tech Savvy, pursuing post-secondary education in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or Math, and available for a Winter 2020 work term
- You have knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) practices, concepts, and technology
- You’re proficient in 1 or more programming languages, and can code with little oversight.
- You like to solve complex problems, as you will troubleshoot and identify problem areas through testing metrics, and highlight improvement opportunities
- You love collaborating with others, and have the ability to translate technical concepts and issues into easy to understand language.
- You have an understanding of functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices.
How do you apply?
Click the link to apply online. Have a copy of your resume, cover letter and transcript ready. Please indicate your preferred availability (4mo, 8mo, 8mo+), and location preference in your cover letter or resume.
If we think you might be a good fit, we’ll contact you for a hiring manager interview. During the interview we’ll ask you technical and behavioural questions to see if you’re a good fit for the role and BMO culture.
Why work as a co-op student at BMO?
As a co-op student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You will:
- Be a member of the team from day one and will do work that adds value.
- Network and build connections with peers and senior leaders.
- Participate in learning and development opportunities to take your skills and knowledge to the next level.
- Work collaboratively with your peers to develop and present a solution to a business challenge.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and networkbuilding opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.