Program Management/Research - BMO Student Summer Internship Program
Are you a university student who is eager for hands-on experience in a professional work environment?
At BMO, we’re here to help you develop your career by gaining valuable professional work experience. The BMO Student Internship Program (BSIP) gives you the chance to apply your education and help BMO change the way the world banks.
As part of the BSIP program, you’ll have opportunities to participate in a wide range of developmental workshops and information sessions, and to learn from BMO’s leaders, all while acquiring essential work experience to help kick-start your career
As a valued member of the team you’ll get to know our company by working with a diverse group of talented professionals. At BMO, we want to make tomorrow better for our customers and our employees. During your time with us, your work will make a difference and your ideas will be heard as you grow your career.
The BSIP Program has hundreds of roles that are segmented into six streams. We’re hiring for all six steams in several geographic locations across Canada and the US. Review all six streams and choose how you will grow by applying online.
What you will do
- Program managers serve a strategic role within an organization’s project management group. They do not manage individual projects, but instead coordinate teams working on related projects.
- For example, in the technology group a program managers might oversee efforts to develop a new suite of software. In this capacity the program manager might coordinate the work of project managers who lead teams focused on delivering the individual products that make up the suite
- Program managers work with members of an organization’s senior management team to set the overall strategy and objectives for a group of projects. They aim to align the outcome of the projects with the organization’s overall business goals.
- Program managers communicate the strategy to the project managers and ensure that individual project goals align with the strategy.
- To minimize waste and reduce costs, they identify tasks that are common to a number of projects and ensure that teams do not duplicate work.
- Program managers work with individual project managers to establish plans and goals for each project. They set objectives, assign tasks, allocate budgets and agree to timetables for achieving intermediate and overall goals. They also set review dates to ensure that projects remain on target. To obtain the information they need to coordinate and monitor progress across all projects.
- Communication is a key responsibility for program managers. They work closely with project managers to track progress and provide updates on any changes in strategy or priorities.
- Program Management and Research roles are located in many business groups at BMO - Personal and Commerical Banking, Wealth Management, Human Resources, Marketing, etc.
What you have
- Ability to research, synthesizes information, identify key messages, and develop plans.
- Very strong communication skills including ability to listen negotiate and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively on projects.
- Reporting skills using Excel and design / communication skills using Powerpoint
Who you are
Current post-secondary student and returning to school in Fall 2018
- Social Sciences
How to Apply
Click the link to apply online. Have a copy of your resume, cover letter and transcript ready. Please indicate your location preference in your application.
The internship application window is November 10, 2017 - January 19, 2018.
If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted by a Campus Recruiter between November 27, 2017 and March 16, 2018 to discuss your qualifications and potential fit for the internship program.
If you are successful, a second round interview with the hiring manager will follow. The hiring manager will discuss the specifics of the role and provide a more detailed job description.
If you are not successful in the application process, you will be notified by email.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job: Project Management
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations: Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Job Posting: 11/06/17
Unposting Date: 01/20/18