New Graduate Development Program - North American Retail Payments (NARP), Analyst
BMO is a place where you can grow, thrive and develop a brilliant career. We know you’ve got a lot to offer, and so do we. That's why we're looking for people like you to join our team as we continue to strive for excellence.
We are delighted to launch our New Graduate Development Program which offers exciting opportunities within the North American Retail Payments (NARP) team here in Canada.
The North American Retail Payments group is responsible for growing BMO’s credit card business across consumer and small business segments. We are passionate payment professionals, constantly innovating to engage and deepen our relationship with our cardholders.
About the program
The New Graduate Development Program (NARP stream) is a 2-year, paid rotational program for new graduates and is designed to provide them with the opportunity to explore the various roles within the North American Retail Payments stream. This unique program combines on-the-job learning with meaningful work experiences as well as networking opportunities to help candidates develop their knowledge of our organization, lines of business and our wide variety of products and services. Candidates selected for this program will complete 3 rotations over the 24month period in Toronto, resulting in individuals who are prepared and ready to grow their career with us.
Candidates will undertake three rotations of 8 months each in each in the Product, Acquisition and Portfolio Management Teams
Benefits of the New Graduate Development Program include:
- Valuable work experience, knowledge and skills to launch or further your Career
- Opportunity to experience the culture within a diverse business
- Develop your knowledge of the organization, lines of business and the wide variety of products and services
- Continuous feedback from all levels of management
- Mentorship, sponsorship of development, including professional qualifications
- Networking opportunities and exposure to senior management
- Career development through customizable rotation plans based on experience, education and interests
At the end of the Program
Following the successful completion of the program, the candidate will be placed in a full-time role within NARP.
Key Accountabilities by rotation.
As a candidate of the New Graduate Development Program within the NARP stream, some of your responsibilities will include:
Learning about and working within North American Retail Payments
- Ensure an excellent customer experience for all of our prospective clients, regardless of the channel, offer, or product being applied for. This means that correct information is provided to customers up front, the application processes run smoothly and that offers are fulfilled as promised and communications are delivered as intended.
- Acquisition Program Tracking is a key role supporting all of the new account acquisition activities for the Canadian Retail Payments team.
- Key accountabilities will include offer code setup through TSYS, channel / source code management, review of all acquisition marketing and application disclosures, reporting, and acting as the main point of contact for application escalations. From time to time, projects may be assigned to improve processes and tracking.
These accountabilities will be achieved by working closely with key business partners, including: The rest of the Acquisition team, Payment Card Services, Marketing, Credit Risk, New Accounts, North American Delivery and Channels.
- The portfolio management group is responsible for managing the customer lifecycle, driving ongoing engagement, and optimising financial performance
- Accountable to design data-driven strategies and initiatives to improve effectiveness of retention, activation, credit line increase, and balance build campaigns across retail and small business accounts.
- Promote growth while optimizing the risk, reward and operational efficiency balance
- Leverage analytics and conduct in-depth analysis of cardholder behaviour and market trends to identify opportunities to proactively and reactively retain customers, and optimize re-issuance strategies and work with partners to identify opportunities to enable optimal credit line and authorization strategies and initiatives or with seasonal trends, identify opportunities to drive portfolio growth.
The Product Manager is accountable to develop and manage credit card products to meet the needs of Canadian consumers and small businesses. BMO offers a suite of products ranging from No Fee Cashback for everyday flexibility to BMO Reward World Elite for the premium travel segment. The
Product Manager will:
- Identify opportunities to improve how our products meet consumer and small business needs
- Optimise the financial performance and customer value of the product portfolio
- Develop plans that grow share of wallet and improve customer retention
What you have
- Undergraduate university degree (business preferred); focus in marketing ir finance is considered an asset
- Highly motivated team player who can work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- GPA of 3.0 or above out of 4.0
How to apply
Your application must include a cover letter, resume, and transcript. Applications will be reviewed by Human Resources and selected candidates will be interviewed by our Campus Recruitment Team and various members within the business. Offers to successful candidates will be presented in November 2018, with program start date in September 2019.
BMO Financial Group thanks all applicants. We advise only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BMO Financial Group is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together,
innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you
help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job: Product Management
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organisation: US Personal & Business Banking-X000004
Job Posting: 09/14/18
Unposting Date: 10/31/18