New Graduate - Developer
Technology plays a vital role at BMO. Based on our enterprise technology vision, we lead the development and implementation of innovative and cost effective information technology strategies, multiyear investment plans, solutions and operational environments that support and enable BMO lines of business to meet defined strategies. This includes:
- Delivering solutions on time, on budget with engineered designs, quality, costs and operational readiness.
- Running an efficient and effective technology infrastructure and information technology operations which reduces ongoing costs and leverages common assets while delivering increased service level performance.
- Safeguarding our environments, data, intellectual property, and operating within our risk appetite.
The Software Developer will get an understanding of the core business processes, business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy (e.g., Transformation, SmartCore, DevOps). You will conceive and write detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements. Through your involvement in the team, you will understand the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system.
What makes you a great fit?
- Completion of post-secondary education in computer science, engineering, information systems, math, business technology management or a related program
- You have knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience
- You have knowledge of programming languages and can code with little oversight
- You have a good understanding of functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices.
- You have facility with and understanding of the ecosystem that code operates in
What you can expect
Software Developer opportunities are available in our Toronto, Scarborough and Barrie offices within the following areas of our Technology business group:
- DevOps and Shared Services
- Channels & Partnerships
- Project Management Office
- Corporate & International
- Capital Markets
- Wealth Management
- AI, Data Analytics & Machine Learning
- Personal & Commercial Banking
- IT Operations & Support
- Enterprise Architecture
If you are selected for an interview you will be provided with specific information about the opportunity you are interviewing for.