New Graduate - Business Analyst
Technology plays a vital role at BMO. Based on our enterprise technology vision, we lead the development and implementation of innovative and cost effective information technology strategies, multiyear investment plans, solutions and operational environments that support and enable BMO lines of business to meet defined strategies. This includes:
• Delivering solutions on time, on budget with engineered designs, quality, costs and operational readiness.
• Running an efficient and effective technology infrastructure and information technology operations which reduces ongoing costs and leverages common assets while delivering increased service level performance.
• Safeguarding our environments, data, intellectual property, and operating within our risk appetite.
The Business Analyst (BA) liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities and recommends solutions to enable the organization to meet its goals. The BA builds exceptional relationships with business partners and Technology & Operations colleagues and is accountable for the requirement, coordination with developers and QA performing SIT testing, coordination with business conducting UAT testing, analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications in support of the Lines of Business strategies.
What makes you a great fit?
• Completion of post-secondary education in computer science, business, engineering, business technology management or a related program
• You have basic knowledge of project management processes, documentation, audit and signoff authorities
• You have basic understanding of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and can apply principles from the “analysis” phases of the SDLC
• You possess analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• You can demonstrate writing and documentation skills
What you can expect
Business Analyst opportunities are available in our Toronto, Scarborough and Barrie offices within the following areas of our Technology business group:
• DevOps and Shared Services
• Channels & Partnerships
• Project Management Office
• Corporate & International
• Capital Markets
• Wealth Management
• AI, Data Analytics & Machine Learning
• Personal & Commercial Banking
• IT Operations & Support
• Enterprise Architecture
If you are selected for an interview you will be provided with specific information about the opportunity you are interviewing for.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.