New Grad: IT Business Analyst (Toronto or Montreal)
Let's Stay Connected!
Technology plays a vital role at BMO. Based on our enterprise technology vision, we lead the development and implementation of innovative and cost effective information technology strategies, multiyear investment plans, solutions and operational environments that support and enable BMO Fixed Income lines of business to meet defined strategies. This includes:
- Delivering solutions on time, on budget with engineered designs, quality, costs and operational readiness.
- Running an efficient and effective technology infrastructure and information technology operations which reduces ongoing costs and leverages common assets while delivering increased service level performance.
- Safeguarding our environments, data, intellectual property, and operating within our risk appetite.
The Business Analyst (BA) liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities and recommends solutions to enable the organization to meet its goals. The BA builds exceptional relationships with business partners and Technology & Operations colleagues and is accountable for the requirement, coordination with developers and QA performing SIT testing, coordination with business and teams for conducting UAT testing, analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications in support of the Lines of Business strategies.
As a Business Analyst, here’s what you will do:
- Work with the FXMM Trading stakeholders in requirements gathering sessions with project stakeholders to validate their requirements and analysis models via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs.
- Creates Project and System documentation as required to ensure the supportability of their analysis.
- Participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as necessary
- Provides input into project plan according to the recommended practices of the organization so that activities and milestones of the requirements management team can be measured against the goals of the plan.
- Adheres to Best Practices and governance process to support the organizational standards and ensure consistency of deliverables.
- Provides clarification of requirements to other project team members to assist them in the creation of their specific project deliverables
- Verifies the test results and ensures artifacts are retained for PMLC and Audit compliance
What makes you a great fit?
- 0-2 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or currently pursuing a B.Sc./B.A/B.Eng. in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- You have a basic knowledge of project management processes, documentation, audit and signoff authorities
- You have a basic understanding of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and can apply principles from the “analysis” phases of the SDLC.
- You possess analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- You can demonstrate writing and documentation skills.
How do you apply?
Click the link to apply online. Have a copy of your resume, cover letter and transcript ready. Please indicate your location preference in your application. This role can be based in Toronto or Montreal.
If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted by a member of the Campus Recruitment Team to discuss your qualifications and potential fit for the role.
If you are successful, a second round interview with the hiring manager will follow. The hiring manager will discuss the specifics of the role and provide a more detailed job description.
If you are not successful in the application process, you will be notified by email.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together,innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and networkbuilding opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Job: Business Analysis
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organisation: CIOO CM & US CTOO-X000070
Job Posting: 09/10/19
Unposting Date: 09/21/19