Production Support Analyst Co-op
BMO Financial Group was established in 1817. Headquartered in Canada, we serve more than 12 million personal, commercial, corporate and institutional customers in North America and internationally. We are a highly diversified financial services organization, with total assets of 633 billion as of April 30, 2015, and more than 47,000 employees.
This position of the Production Support Analyst in the IT Operations – Mid-range and Server Support Team is focused on the day to day support and maintenance of the Production Databases and/or Operating systems within the Team’s scope. Our mandate is to deliver on Operational Excellence and Risk Management in support of critical Bank applications, processes and services.
This role will use your problem solving and analytical skills, technical knowledge and sense of urgency to resolve production related incidents in a timely manner. These skills will also contribute to proactive investigations and resolutions to maintain and improve the health and wellness of the Databases and/or Operating systems.
- Work in a team environment responsible for day to day administration and support of Databases and Operating systems, for example Oracle, SQL Databases, Linux and Windows Platforms
- Verify that regular Maintenance activities (patches, service packs, upgrades, tuning) are carried out
- Verify backup activities are completed successfully for DataBases, drives and file systems; resolve failures/issues
- Complete problem analysis and resolution of issues impacting Production service(s)
- Resolve Production incidents raised through alerts / calls
- Participate in Change Management related to production changes carried out by the support team
- Prepare and/or update support documentation to ensure currency/correctness
We are looking for talent who has:
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Scripting (Shell script) – Working knowledge
• Working knowledge/experience using SQL statements to query data
• Working knowledge/experience Optimizing query performance
• Demonstrates working knowledge of supported operating systems (for example, Windows, Unix/Linux)
• Displays working knowledge of infrastructure applications
Additional knowledge of the following would be a plus:
• DataBase backup and recovery
• Setting up monitoring using native or 3rd party tools
• Configuration and Release Management
This job operates within normal office conditions with minimal exposure to health and safety risks. There may be a requirement to periodically work extra hours as dictated by the business.
At our company, we have been helping our customers and communities for over 195 years. Working with us means being part of a team of talented and passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.