Junior Infrastructure Engineer
Technology plays a vital role at BMO. Based on our enterprise technology vision, we lead the development and implementation of innovative and cost effective information technology strategies, multiyear investment plans, solutions and operational environments that support and enable BMO lines of business to meet defined strategies. This includes:
- Delivering solutions on time, on budget with engineered designs, quality, costs and operational readiness.
- Running an efficient and effective technology infrastructure and information technology operations which reduces ongoing costs and leverages common assets while delivering increased service level performance.
- Safeguarding our environments, data, intellectual property, and operating within our risk appetite.
Looking for a motivated Junior Infrastructure Engineer to join our dynamic and energetic team to deploy leading-edge technologies in our mobility environment.
As a Junior Infrastructure Engineer, here’s what you will do:
- Engineer solutions and work with projects and planners to evaluate, design, and implement platforms built on mobile computing environments (VMWare Workspace One, Microsoft InTune).
- Assist in developing methods to minimize customer impact, create/edit project documentation, and transition new services to Operations teams.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed, work within the scope of the project, and adhere to time constraints.
- Help to meet strategic business goals, client requirements, and service level agreements (SLAs).
What makes you a great fit?
- 0-2 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or currently pursuing a B.Sc./B.Eng. in computer science, engineering, information systems or math
- Your knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Your knowledge of required programming languages and can code with little oversight.
- You have a good understanding of functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices.
- Understanding CAS, Active Directory Group Policies, Microsoft PowerShell, Blackberry Server, AirWatch, iOS and Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012.
- Basic analytical and creative problem solving skills for creation and testing of software systems
- Basic organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Basic communication skills to provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
- Basic interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to integrate hardware and software systems
- Candidate should be comfortable before an audience of peers and/or seniors, and should possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills
How do you apply?
Click the link to apply online. Have a copy of your resume, cover letter and transcript ready. Please indicate your location preference in your application.
If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted by a member of the Campus Recruitment Team to discuss your qualifications and potential fit for the internship program.
If you are successful, a second round interview with the hiring manager will follow. The hiring manager will discuss the specifics of the role and provide a more detailed job description.
If you are not successful in the application process, you will be notified by email.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.