IT Operations Analyst- 4 or 8 months (Winter 2020 Co-op Pipeline)
Technology plays a vital role at BMO. Based on our enterprise technology vision, we lead the development and implementation of innovative and cost effective information technology strategies, multiyear investment plans, solutions and operational environments that support and enable BMO lines of business to meet defined strategies. This includes:
- Delivering solutions on time, on budget with engineered designs, quality, costs and operational readiness.
- Running an efficient and effective technology infrastructure and information technology operations which reduces ongoing costs and leverages common assets while delivering increased service level performance.
- Safeguarding our environments, data, intellectual property, and operating within our risk appetite.
The Operations family provides Operational Excellence for the technology run-time environments of the business. They house all the IT specialists that monitor, restore service, change, support, and handle day-to-day activities 7/24/365 required to run the mission critical IT systems for the company ensuring business Service Levels are met, environments are managed.
As an IT Operations Analyst at BMO, here’s what you will do:
- You will provide Help/Service Desk support, as well as facilitate Incident Management, deploy changes to the production environment, and engage 3rd party providers during incidents.
- You will execute fail-over and/or Disaster Recovery of infrastructure and applications in support of business continuity plans
- You will participate in testing cycles with engineering and development teams, to ensure the deploy ability and operability of infrastructure and applications
- You will conduct initial investigations and provide end to end IT Technology support for different technology areas (computer, applications, network and storage, including root-cause analysis etc.).
- You will work with development teams to build “self healing” solutions, and drive and promote new processes, operations, and productivity aids to accelerate project team deliverables
- You will also support other IT development and engineering teams by providing reports and data related to things like infrastructure and applications performance, inbound calls, incidents, and SOP changes.
IT Operations Analyst Co-op opportunities are available in our Toronto, Scarborough and Barrie offices.
What makes you a great fit?
- You’re Tech Savvy, pursuing post-secondary education in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems/Security, or Math, and available for a Winter 2020 work term
- You possess excellent business partnering, communication, and negotiation skills.
- You understand the scope of complexity that exists across business value, technology, and interaction models.
- You possess knowledge in domain, and understanding of Information Technology operating processes used for systems to ensure effective delivery and operating standards
- You possess knowledge of Infrastructure, monitoring, support, and Help Desk operations.
- You have Technical and/or business functional knowledge of systems and computer operations, tools, timing, and dependencies.
How do you apply?
Click the link to apply online. Have a copy of your resume, cover letter and transcript ready. Please indicate your preferred availability (4mo, 8mo, 8mo+), and location preference in your cover letter or resume
If we think you might be a good fit, we’ll contact you for a hiring manager interview. During the interview we’ll ask you technical and behavioural questions to see if you’re a good fit for the role and BMO culture.
Why work as a co-op student at BMO?
As a co-op student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You will:
- Be a member of the team from day one and will do work that adds value.
- Network and build connections with peers and senior leaders.
- Participate in learning and development opportunities to take your skills and knowledge to the next level.
- Work collaboratively with your peers to develop and present a solution to a business challenge.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and networkbuilding opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.