IT Business Analyst- 4 or 8 months (Winter 2020 Co-op Pipeline)
Technology plays a vital role at BMO. Based on our enterprise technology vision, we lead the development and implementation of innovative and cost effective information technology strategies, multiyear investment plans, solutions and operational environments that support and enable BMO lines of business to meet defined strategies. This includes:
- Delivering solutions on time, on budget with engineered designs, quality, costs and operational readiness.
- Running an efficient and effective technology infrastructure and information technology operations which reduces ongoing costs and leverages common assets while delivering increased service level performance.
- Safeguarding our environments, data, intellectual property, and operating within our risk appetite.
As an IT Business Analyst at BMO, here’s what you will do:
- You will buld exceptional relationships with Technology & Operations business partners, liaising with a variety of stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities, and recommend innovative solutions that will help us reach our goals
- You will participate in project team meetings and requirements gather sessions, working with stakeholders to validate requirements and analysis models via reviews and walkthroughs
- You will create a requirements management plan according to the recommended practices of the organization, enabling the team to measure activities and milestones against project goals
- You will ensure consistency of deliverables throughout the requirement management process, and provide clarification of requirements to other project team members to assist them in the creation of their specific project deliverables
- You will coordinate with those conducting SIT and UAT testing, analysis, design, and verify the appearance of testing outputs to ensure it meets the requirements of the business
IT Business Analyst Co-op opportunities are available in our Toronto, Scarborough and Barrie offices.
What makes you a great fit?
- You’re Tech Savvy, currently pursuing post-secondary education in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or Math, and available for a Winter 2020 work term
- You have basic knowledge of the project management processes, documentation, or audit and signoff authorities
- You have a basic understanding of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and can apply principles from the “analysis” phases of the SDLC.
- You like to solve complex problems. Analytical skills, with the ability to organize and disseminate large amounts of information with accuracy is important.
- You can demonstrate strong writing and documentation skills.
How do you apply?
Click the link to apply online. Have a copy of your resume, cover letter and transcript ready. Please indicate your preferred availability (4mo, 8mo, 8mo+), and location preference in your cover letter or resume.
If we think you might be a good fit, we’ll contact you for a hiring manager interview. During the interview we’ll ask you technical and behavioural questions to see if you’re a good fit for the role and BMO culture.
Why work as a co-op student at BMO?
As a co-op student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You will:
- Be a member of the team from day one and will do work that adds value.
- Network and build connections with peers and senior leaders.
- Participate in learning and development opportunities to take your skills and knowledge to the next level.
- Work collaboratively with your peers to develop and present a solution to a business challenge.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and networkbuilding opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.