IT & Developer - BMO Student Summer Internship Program
Are you a university student who is eager for hands-on experience in a professional work environment?
At BMO, we’re here to help you develop your career by gaining valuable professional work experience. The BMO Student Internship Program (BSIP) gives you the chance to apply your education and help BMO change the way the world banks.
As part of the BSIP program, you’ll have opportunities to participate in a wide range of developmental workshops and information sessions, and to learn from BMO’s leaders, all while acquiring essential work experience to help kick-start your career
As a valued member of the team you’ll get to know our company by working with a diverse group of talented professionals. At BMO, we want to make tomorrow better for our customers and our employees. During your time with us, your work will make a difference and your ideas will be heard as you grow your career.
The BSIP Program has hundreds of roles that are segmented into six streams. We’re hiring for all six steams in several geographic locations across Canada and the US. Review all six streams and choose how you will grow by applying online.
What you will do
In the IT and Development steam, your work may involve network design, quality assurance testing, or strategic technological planning. Configure, design, test and/or analyze security for a Bank system, network or tool. Many of the technology BSIP roles are software developers who are part of a development team building and working on Enterprise wide software systems. They are involved in all areas of development from design, development, testing and deployment.
Typical duties of a Developer include:
- Working with a development team to aid in the design, development, deployment and maintenance
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Learning DevOps tools and techniques and applying DevOps techniques in projects
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Working with other developers as required
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- All roles in the IT& Developer stream are in the technology group
What you have
- Work collaboratively by inspiring trust, motivating others and partnering with colleagues to get the job done
- Deliver results by setting clear goals and exceeding expectations.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Ability to learn new tools, frameworks and technology faster
Who you are
Current post-secondary student and returning to school in Fall 2018
- Computer Science
- Business Technology Management
- IT management
How to Apply
Click the link to apply online. Have a copy of your resume, cover letter and transcript ready. Please indicate your location preference in your application.
The internship application window is November 10, 2017 - January 19, 2018.
If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted by a Campus Recruiter between November 27, 2017 and March 16, 2018 to discuss your qualifications and potential fit for the internship program.
If you are successful, a second round interview with the hiring manager will follow. The hiring manager will discuss the specifics of the role and provide a more detailed job description.
If you are not successful in the application process, you will be notified by email.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job: Design & Development
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations: Canada-Ontario-Burlington, Canada-Quebec-Montreal, Canada-Ontario-Barrie, Canada-Ontario-Scarborough
Job Posting: 11/06/17
Unposting Date: 01/20/18