Investment Specialist, BMO InvestorLine (Montreal)
Do you want to be part of a top ranked online brokerage and help our clients achieve their financial success and life goals? Do you want to accelerate your career by gaining intimate, hands-on exposure to the Wealth Industry? At BMO InvestorLine, we’re building a team of enthusiastic, dedicated investment professionals who can help us deliver a great client experience with every interaction.
At BMO, our clients are front and center in everything we do. After all, money is personal, and your investing service should be too. In this role, you’ll get to know our business quickly, working with a diverse group of talented professionals in a dynamic environment. Here, your ideas will be heard and your potential will always be recognized. You’ll develop key foundational skills that will set you on a successful path to build an exciting career within the Wealth Business.
Do you have what it takes to deliver an effortless experience for our client, every time?
As a BMO InvestorLine Investment Specialist, you will:
- Advocate for our clients to ensure they get to where they need to go with as little effort as possible. This could mean; opening accounts, supporting transfers, processing trades, showing client how to self-serve on an award winning platform.
- Participate in exceptional training and become an IIROC licensed Investment Representative with Options
- Be a valued team member; we will invest in you and your education in becoming fully licensed for the role
- Receive dedicated coaching, leadership support and thrive in a learning environment
- Have the opportunity to participate in special projects and other ad hoc work assignments
- Contribute to the success of a strong team with a sense of purpose
- Resolve client challenges and report any discrepancies to the Assistant Manager or Manager, Investment Specialist Team
- Ensure adherence to IIROC rules and regulations
- Discover, recognize and act upon opportunities to help our clients achieve their financial goals and expand our business relationships
- Establish and enhance BMO’s presence in the community by participating in local events and charitable activities such as our United Way campaign, Days of Caring and Walk So Kids Can Talk
Bring your passion for customer service, along with:
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude, with strong people skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A University or College diploma/degree or equivalent experience
- A Valid Canadian Securities Course (CSC) (i.e. successful completion within the last 3 years or extension through the IIROC program) is highly recommended
- Knowledge of industry regulations & standards
Who can apply and how?
In order to apply, you must be a post-secondary new graduate student looking for a full-time opportunity in Spring 2019. Please follow the link and have a copy of your resume, cover letter and official transcript ready.
If you are selected, you will be contacted by a member of the Campus Recruitment team to discuss your qualifications and potential fit for the role. If you are not successful in the application process, you will be notified by email.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.