Investment Specialist, BMO Investment Center
At BMO, our clients are front and center in everything we do. After all, money is personal, and your investing service should be too. In this role, you’ll get to know our business quickly, working with a diverse group of talented professionals in a dynamic environment. Here, your ideas will be heard and your potential will be recognized. You’ll develop key foundational skills that will set you on a successful path to build an exciting career within the organization.
Do you have what it takes to deliver an effortless experience for our client, every time?
At the BMO Investment Centre, our goals are:
- To provide consistent exceptional service to external and internal clients
- Achieve retail sales targets with a focus on long-term mutual fund sales, booked referrals and overall customer retention
- Run a cost effective and an audit effective investment centre
- As a BMO Investment Centre Investment Specialist, you will:
- Provide exceptional sales and service to BMO clients or prospects by handling incoming calls to the BMO Investment Centre in an informed, professional and efficient manner and as required, engage in outbound call activities, such as conducting financial plan reviews for our Registered Disability Savings Plans clients
- Proactively discover and recognize opportunities to help our clients meet their investment objectives and needs by advising clients on personal investing strategies and relevant products, making qualified referrals to Financial Planners in BMO branches as appropriate
- Manage transactional outcomes and fulfill sales and service activities in a professional and accurate manner, in accordance with approved bank policies and procedures and in compliance with security commissions regulations, including completion of required documentation to ensure accurate processing of client requests
- Use applicable technology and tools to facilitate effective conversations with clients to drive business results, and resolve client challenges through investigative work with internal partners, and escalate complex or unresolved client situations to management
- Have the opportunity to participate in special projects and other ad hoc work assignments as well as participate in change initiatives that will help drive increased effectiveness
- Understand key success metrics for the role and for the team, and contribute to the success of a strong team with a sense of purpose through opportunities to share your ideas to improve processes and increase team efficiency and effectiveness
- Receive dedicated coaching, leadership support and thrive in a learning environment to enhance skills
- Maintain current knowledge of the investment industry, practices and trends, including but not limited to regulatory and compliance requirements such as Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing reporting requirements, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) consumer provision requirements and Privacy Act provisions
- Have the opportunity to give back to the community and help establish and enhance BMO’s presence by participating in meaningful local events and charitable activities such as our United Way campaign, Days of Caring and Walk So Kids Can Talk
Bring your passion for customer service, along with:
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude, open to accepting challenges and excited to learn
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven conflict resolution skills and organizational awareness
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A deep understanding of BMO Retail Investment Products (e.g. Mutual Funds, GICs and Term Investments) and Investment Plans (e.g. Registered and non-registered plans)
- Knowledge of the market place and trends in product offerings
- Having completed, or working towards the completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), the Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) Mutual Funds License Course, or the Personal Financial Planner designation with the Canadian Securities Institute (CSI)
- A good knowledge of call centre technology, processes and metrics
- An understanding and proven success working in a similar and/or related sales and service environment would be an asset
Who can apply and how?
In order to apply, you must be a post-secondary new graduate student looking for a full-time opportunity. Please follow the link and have a copy of your resume, cover letter and official transcript ready.
If you are selected, you will be contacted by a member of the Campus Recruitment team to discuss your qualifications and potential fit for the role. If you are not successful in the application process, you will be notified by email.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.