Global Asset Management New Graduate Development Program - Client Management
We’re here to help kick-start your career
BMO Global Asset Management (GAM) is a global investment manager with 20+ offices in 14 countries and CAD$325B in assets under management. We offer institutional and individual clients advice-driven solutions, delivered with integrity and service excellence. Solutions include asset management, mutual funds, exchange traded funds, trust and custody, and retirement services.
We are delighted to launch our New Graduate Development Program which offers exciting opportunities within the Client Management and Investment teams in Toronto.
Our clients sit at the centre of everything we do, and roles within Client Management are many and varied. The Client Management team has over 240 sales professionals in more than 20 cities around the world, and offers institutional and individual clients with advice-driven solutions, delivered with integrity and service excellence. Winning new business is just the start, and an excellence in client service as well as the ability to understand and evolve as our clients’ needs change is the key to maintaining long-term relationships. A career in Client Management is fast paced, engaging, and you have first-hand exposure to make a positive impact the customer experience on a variety of levels.
BMO GAM is a place where you can grow, thrive and develop a brilliant career. We know you’ve got a lot to offer, and so do we. That's why we're looking for people like you to join our team as we continue to strive for excellence.
About the program
The New Graduate Development Program (Client Management stream) is a 2-year, paid rotational program for new graduates and is designed to provide them with the opportunity to explore the various roles within the Client Management stream. This unique program combines on-the-job learning with meaningful work experiences as well as networking opportunities to help candidates develop their knowledge of our organisation, lines of business and our wide variety of products and services. Candidates selected for this program will complete 4 rotations over the 24 month period, resulting in individuals who are prepared and ready to grow their career with us.
- Candidates will undertake two rotations of 6 months each in each of Client Management and Investment teams
- Following the first year, candidates will participate in a 3 month rotation in either GAM’s Product Management or Operations functions
- The final 9 months will consist of a placement within the Client Management team, and will consist of continued rotations within various aspects of the Client Management team or be assigned to a specific desk for the remainder of the placement
Benefits of the New Graduate Development Program include:
- Valuable work experience, knowledge and skills to launch or further your Career
- Opportunity to experience the culture within diverse businesses
- Develop your knowledge of the organization, lines of business and the wide variety of products and services
- Continuous feedback from all levels of management
- Mentorship, sponsorship of development, including professional qualifications
- Networking opportunities and exposure to senior management
- Career development through customizable rotation plans based on experience, education and interests
At the end of the Program
Following the successful completion of the Graduate Development Program, the candidate will be placed in a full-time role within Client Management.
What you will do
As a candidate of the New Graduate Development Program within the Client Management stream, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Learning about and working within BMO Global Asset Management
- Learning about BMO Global Asset Management products and services
- Performing qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Working individually or as part of a team, participate in various projects, as well as preparing and delivering presentations
What you have
- Undergraduate university degree (business preferred); working towards the completion of the Canadian Securities Course is considered an asset
- Highly motivated team player who can work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above out of 4.0
How to apply
Your application must include a cover letter, resume, and transcript. Applications will be reviewed by Human Resources and selected candidates will be interviewed by our Campus Recruitment Team and various members within the business.
BMO Financial Group thanks all applicants. We advise only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Those not selected to move forward will be advised via email.
BMO Financial Group is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organisation: BMO Asset Mgmt & Intl-X006597
Job Posting: 09/14/18
Unposting Date: 10/31/18