Financial Management Systems Analyst (Summer 2020) - 4 month Co-op & Internships
Address: 100 King Street West
Job Family Group: Finance & Accounting
As a co-op/intern student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You will be part of our campus program to gain the skills and knowledge needed to take on roles similar to the description listed below.
Our student experience is designed to integrate you to the BMO team from day one by adding value in the work you do. You will have the opportunity to participate in programs such as the Women in Technology Mentorship Program, BMO First Friend peer assignment, BMO Social Squad student-led activities, BMO U corporate learning platform and access to various Employee Resource Groups to further develop your network within BMO. Returning students joining us in Summer 2020 will have the opportunity to attend a 3 day Student Leadership Summit held at the BMO Institute for Learning.
Note: To apply for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and an unofficial copy of your academic transcript. By applying for this general posting, you will be considered for a number of different student opportunities across multiple locations. If you are selected to move forward, you will be provided additional information.
Provides production and end-user support for the Finance technical platform and system environment that supports financial data & control structures (e.g. SOX control activities, user access controls, data integrity controls) in order to provide accurate and relevant financial information for regulatory, statutory and management reporting purposes. Supports the planning, maintenance and change management for process changes, financial production schedules, tasks and reconciliations. Works with stakeholders to resolve issues and provide solutions that enable the enterprise finance and accounting processes and related systems to ensure service delivery and effectiveness.
- Monitors Financial system technical infrastructure, applications and/or business transactions across the environment
- Provides first-line, end-user support to resolve issues with the Finance production systems and applications; works with Technology and other stakeholders to investigate, perform root cause analysis and plan corrective actions
- Executes routine tasks such as maintenance, service requests, transactions, queries etc. within relevant service level agreements e.g. maintain changes to financial system tables and financial hierarchies
- Supports the system access provisioning processes according to guidelines and policies
- Supports the data reconciliation processes between core finance systems
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Supports the development of tools and delivery of training for financial management system-related processes
- Develops tools and training content for financial management system related processes; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- As a full-time employee, we would require 2-4 years of experience, however as part of the BMO campus program, we are looking for motivated individuals with a strong desire to learn.
- Experience in financial information management, network administration.
- Knowledge of financial applications and systems.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles - Good.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.