We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate information technology graduate for a Cloud Engineering position in Bank of Montreal, Technology and Operations Group. The role is in Cloud Engineering Team which is leading the effort to build the innovation platform for the Bank. You will be part of a dynamic team that is focusing on bringing the rapid innovation on the cloud to enable accelerated the product and service innovation and delivery across the bank
Your programming and development background and skills are broad. You are passionate to bring in your knowledge of the cloud to help us develop a solid and secure cloud platform and accelerate cloud adoption through the development of cloud application patterns. You are a self-starter, driven and can handle multiple tasks and priorities. You are passionate about driving the DevOps mindset and culture in a fast-paced, challenging environment where you get the opportunity to work with a spectrum of latest tools and technologies to drive forward “Infrastructure-as-Code” and “X-as-a-Service”. You are actively looking to improve the solutions you implement, understand the efficacy of collaboration and reaching out across functional borders and are keen to work in a team of CI/CD and Infrastructure specialists.
As a qualified applicant, you will be part of the team made up of talented, highly-skilled and innovative cloud engineers. In the role, you will have the opportunity to work on designing the banks Hybrid Cloud capability, developing an orchestration platform for automated cloud workload provisioning, and developing cloud application and operation patterns. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with application development teams and facilitate the modernization of applications for cloud readiness. As an integral member of this team, you will be encouraged to inspire yourself and your team through injection of new knowledge and skills into an already high performing team thus excelling our efforts to new heights.
Working in a close knit technical team, the role will:
- Assist with the design and implementation of an enterprise Hybrid Cloud capability; configuration of foundational AWS and Azure cloud services, and continuously assessment and integration of emerging cloud features.
- Develop APIs and Webhooks for multi-directional integration of cloud orchestration platform with enterprise system management and DevOps Tools and cloud platforms.
- Lead the assessment of advanced and emerging cloud and infrastructure capabilities and servicestop optimize the Bank’s seamless Hybrid cloud experience, application cloud migration, and system management integration.
- Develop and maintain secure application deployment patterns on the cloud; review application solution designs for cloud-fit and optimality; and automate deployment patterns for reusability.
- Work closely with line of business (LOB) developers as a lead Cloud Consultant to collaborate on the design and deployment of proof-of-concept and pilot business use cases and develop patterns.
- Manage the enterprise cloud sandbox environment usage and ensure best practices in its usage.
- Coordinate with Enterprise teams to identify and develop Cloud Management tools and practices and automate cloud operations and compliance tasks.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions adhere to enterprise cloud security and compliance controls
- Assist in documentation of the architecture and solution design of cloud platforms, cloud practices, connectivity and deployment patterns.
- Contribute to implementation of a software defined datacenter for in-house cloud capabilities
- Work in close collaboration with Engineering, DevOps and CIO teams to develop Service Catalogues and templates to continuously enhance the capability, security and user experience of the enterprise Hybrid cloud Platform.
Bachelor of Computer Science or the Equivalent
Required Core Skills:
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native Architecture and the principles of Infrastructure as a code,
- Experience and knowledge of Serverless Application Model (SAM) and its implementation will be a plus
- Experience with implementing and using of CI/CD Systems and DevOpS methodologies.
- Experience in products and services of public cloud providers such AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Proficiency in cloud automation using Ansible, AWS CLI, Azure CLI, Cloudformation, terraform, ARM.
- Hands-on experience with system configuration and Devops tools preferably Ansible, Bitbucket, Git, Jira and Confluence.
- Ability to participate in fast-paced DevOps and System Engineering teams within Scrum agile processes
- Strong Interpersonal, communication and leadership Skills
- A critical thinker with strong research, analytics and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and an ability to work independently and or in a team
- Able to work under tight timeline and deliver on complex problems.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (including weekends and nights) as needed.
- A strong team player
How do you apply?
Click the link to apply online. Have a copy of your resume, cover letter and transcript ready.
If you are not successful in the application process, you will be notified by email.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.