The Business Analyst is accountable to work as a liaison with the EA and Hub team to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate information related to supporting the Strategy and Planning for the group. Collaborating with the management team and external partners, the Business Analyst collects, clarifies, and translates information into documentation from which decisions are made and actions are taken.
Delivery & Operational Effectiveness
- Take the lead to define and/or redefine needs and requirements of all incoming requests
- Understand problems and opportunities in the context of the request and recommend solution(s) that enable the requestor to achieve their goals
- Manage and document the requirement to communicate to the team the activities, resources, and deliverables necessary to meet the objectives
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records for all tasks assigned
- Drive and implement improvements for efficiencies and replace manual tasks within the process
- Ability to identify, document and communicate areas that need improved internal controls
- Coach and support other members on the team
- Lead meetings to solicit information, provide input and feedback
- Act as a Strategy and Planning team subject matter expert within EA/Hub team and external partners, providing insights and resolving issues as needed
Risk Management and Control
- Where required collaborate with internal audit to insure existing controls are working appropriately according to policy
- Investigate problems/inquiries raised by the management team and recommend and coordinate solutions to address such issues
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma and some work/business experience
- Demonstrates good business knowledge of the Finance/Banking industry
- General understanding of technical methodology and practices
- Demonstrates excellent writing and documentation skills
- Possesses excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Good PowerPoint, Excel skills and Clarity experience an asset
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.