BMO Student Internship Program - Coordinator
Are you a university student who is eager for hands-on experience in a professional work environment?
At BMO, we’re here to help you develop your career by gaining valuable professional work experience. The BMO Student Internship Program (BSIP) gives you the chance to apply your education and help BMO change the way the world banks.
As part of the BSIP program, you’ll have opportunities to participate in a wide range of developmental workshops and information sessions, and to learn from BMO’s leaders, all while acquiring essential work experience to help kick-start your career.
As a valued member of the team you’ll get to know our company by working with a diverse group of talented professionals. At BMO, we want to make tomorrow better for our customers and our employees. During your time with us, your work will make a difference and your ideas will be heard as you grow your career.
The BSIP Program has hundreds of roles that are segmented into four streams. We’re hiring for all four steams in several geographic locations across Canada. Review all four streams and choose how you will grow by applying online.
What you will do
Work with various internal and external groups to support a specific business or project. Coordinate the activities of multiple stakeholders through communications, project plans, training materials, conduct research, planning/executing events and much more. Coordinator Job Duties can encompass:
- Strategic role within an organization coordinating teams working on projects, solving for issues as they arise
- Work with members of an organization’s management team to set the overall strategy and objectives for a group of projects. Aiming to align the outcome of the projects with the organization’s overall business goals
- Acts as a first contact for all clients and creates an inviting, professional atmosphere
- Provide support throughout the department, such as expense accounts, managing budgets, clerical duties and maintaining supplies/equipment
Coordinator roles are located in many business groups at BMO Financial Group: Personal and Business Banking, Technology and Operations, Wealth Management, Human Resources, Marketing, Legal, etc.
What you have
- Ability to research, synthesizes information, identify key messages, and develop plans.
- Very strong communication skills including ability to listen negotiate and resolve conflicts
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively on projects
- Reporting skills using Excel and design / communication skills using PowerPoint
Who you are
- Demonstrate strong academic performance with a G.P.A. equivalent to 3.0 or higher
- Career aspirations in financial services
- Actively contributes to your community with extracurricular activities, community involvement, clubs or other volunteer experiences
- Current post-secondary student in one of the following programs and will return to school in the fall of 2019:
- Business Administration/ Management
- Human Resources
- Social Sciences
How to Apply
Click the link to apply online. Have a copy of your resume and transcripts ready. Please indicate your location preference in your application.
The internship application window is September 24, 2018 – February 15, 2019. Resume screening, interviews and offers start immediately –- apply early to be considered for the most number of roles.
If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted by a member of our campus recruitment team by end of April 2019 to discuss your qualifications and potential fit for the internship program.
If you are successful, a second round interview with the hiring manager will follow. The hiring manager will discuss the specifics of the role and provide a more detailed job description.
If you are not successful in the application process, you will be notified by email no later than end of April 2019.
The internship program will start on Monday, May 6, 2019 and will be a 16 week internship.
We’re here to help
At BMO Financial Group we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day.
Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank. As a member of the BMO Financial Group team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO Financial Group is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Financial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities.
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job Posting: 09/14/18
Unposting Date: 02/16/19