Audit Analyst (Summer 2020) - 4 month Co-op & Internships
Address: 100 King Street West
Job Family Group: Audit, Risk & Compliance
As a co-op/intern student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You will be part of our campus program to gain the skills and knowledge needed to take on roles similar to the description listed below.
Our student experience is designed to integrate you to the BMO team from day one by adding value in the work you do. You will have the opportunity to participate in programs such as the Women in Technology Mentorship Program, BMO First Friend peer assignment, BMO Social Squad student-led activities, BMO U corporate learning platform and access to various Employee Resource Groups to further develop your network within BMO. Returning students joining us in Summer 2020 will have the opportunity to attend a 3 day Student Leadership Summit held at the BMO Institute for Learning.
Note: To apply for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and an unofficial copy of your academic transcript. By applying for this general posting, you will be considered for a number of different student opportunities across multiple locations. If you are selected to move forward, you will be provided additional information.
Conducts audit engagements to critically assess management and internal control processes, approving the nature, extent and timing of the audit, its execution and the formulation of insightful audit reports. Reports on audits to provide clear, concise and memorable insights on issues and potential issues to assist management in fulfilling mandates. This work provides vital assurance to the Board of Directors and senior management on the quality of internal control systems and reduces the risk of loss and reputational damage to the Company. This work is instrumental in identifying unacceptable/high risk circumstances that could lead to material impact on profitability or reputation. Provides independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of internal control, risk management, and governance systems and processes to support senior management and the Board in protecting BMO and its reputation.
- Executes audits in full recognition of the risks of the group that encompass the inherent risks, control risks and internal/external environment and regulatory risks. This may encompass individual audits and broader capstone audits of Enterprise level functions/processes.
- Conducts advisory engagements and other engagements as required.
- Determines impact of changing strategies, tactics, risks and initiatives on audit, advisory and investigative services.
- Identifies and evaluates the impact of new and emerging technology and technology risk on the organization’s processes and control environment.
- Utilizes data analytics in advisory engagements to improve quality and efficiencies.
- Develops an awareness of business strategies, policies and standards providing meaningful insights based upon knowledge and research which will continue to improve the Enterprise management and control processes.
- Maintains the independence of the audit practice and its personnel.
- Develops insightful discussion points contributing to audit reports that provides fair and balanced assessment of governance, risk and control processes based on audit work performed.
- Identifies control deficiencies and provides a fair and balanced assessment of their magnitude.
- Maintains working knowledge of the industry, regulatory, broad economic environment, and internal environment, as to the development of new strategies and plans, opportunities and risk, to obtain an understanding of the control environment.
- Ensures that all audit procedures executed are conducted in accordance to Corporate Audit Methodology as confirmed by it’s Quality Assurance program and/or regulatory examination results.
- Applies sound judgement in the execution of the assigned work and ensures open lines of communication.
- Develops and maintains good working relations with key stakeholders.
- Actively monitors change management initiatives and identifies potential risks.
- Actively participates and supports Corporate Audit change initiatives.
- Maintains and enhances professional audit qualifications in line with industry standards.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- As a full-time employee, we would require 2-4 years of experience, however as part of the BMO campus program, we are looking for motivated individuals with a strong desire to learn.
- Professional designations or business designation such as CIA, CPA-Audit.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.