Analyst - BMO Student Summer Internship Program
Are you a university student who is eager for hands-on experience in a professional work environment?
At BMO, we’re here to help you develop your career by gaining valuable professional work experience. The BMO Student Internship Program (BSIP) gives you the chance to apply your education and help BMO change the way the world banks.
As part of the BSIP program, you’ll have opportunities to participate in a wide range of developmental workshops and information sessions, and to learn from BMO’s leaders, all while acquiring essential work experience to help kick-start your career
As a valued member of the team you’ll get to know our company by working with a diverse group of talented professionals. At BMO, we want to make tomorrow better for our customers and our employees. During your time with us, your work will make a difference and your ideas will be heard as you grow your career.
The BSIP Program has hundreds of roles that are segmented into six streams. We’re hiring for all six steams in several geographic locations across Canada and the US. Review all six streams and choose how you will grow by applying online.
What you will do
- Analysis activities range from determining where potential business problems and opportunities, identification of trends in business, technology and finance to determining the most effective courses of action.
- Translates the output of the analysis into useful information for the company as input into business decisions or course of action.
- Perform various types of analysis which can include collection of data, conducting research, audit/balance/reconciliation, input of data, maintenance of accurate records and/or periodic/regular reporting including government filings.
- Performs analysis and reporting which could include review of information and choice of appropriate course of action; gathering and collection of data; conducting research; analyzing options; identification of patterns; statistical analysis and basic modelling; accounting input with some oversight responsibilities.
- Review and examine data or information for a specific area and perform an analysis of a topic.
- Analyst roles are located in every business group at BMO - Personal and Commerical Banking, Technology & Operations, Wealth Management, Human Resources, Marketing, etc.
What you have
- Reporting skills using Excel and design / communication skills using PPT
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems creatively
- Ability to write computer programs / scripts and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Who you are
Current post-secondary student and returning to school in Fall 2018
- Business Technology Management
- Computer Science
- Investment Management
- Math / Statistics
How to Apply
Click the link to apply online. Have a copy of your resume, cover letter and transcript ready. Please indicate your location preference in your application.
The internship application window is November 10, 2017 - February 11, 2018.
If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted by a Campus Recruiter between November 27, 2017 and March 16, 2018 to discuss your qualifications and potential fit for the internship program.
If you are successful, a second round interview with the hiring manager will follow. The hiring manager will discuss the specifics of the role and provide a more detailed job description.
If you are not successful in the application process, you will be notified by email.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job: Analytics & Reporting
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations: Canada-Quebec-Montreal, Canada-Ontario-Barrie, Canada-Ontario-Scarborough
Job Posting: 11/06/17
Unposting Date: 02/11/18