Accounting Analyst (Summer 2020) - 4 month Co-op & Internships
Address: 100 King Street West
Job Family Group: Finance & Accounting
As a co-op/intern student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You will be part of our campus program to gain the skills and knowledge needed to take on roles similar to the description listed below.
Our student experience is designed to integrate you to the BMO team from day one by adding value in the work you do. You will have the opportunity to participate in programs such as the Women in Technology Mentorship Program, BMO First Friend peer assignment, BMO Social Squad student-led activities, BMO U corporate learning platform and access to various Employee Resource Groups to further develop your network within BMO. Returning students joining us in Summer 2020 will have the opportunity to attend a 3 day Student Leadership Summit held at the BMO Institute for Learning.
Note: To apply for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and an unofficial copy of your academic transcript. By applying for this general posting, you will be considered for a number of different student opportunities across multiple locations. If you are selected to move forward, you will be provided additional information.
Develops or maintains an effective financial governance and controls framework that defines the ways and methods governance is implemented, managed, and monitored in the business/group. The governance framework includes policies, guidelines and provides programs, practices and measures to promote transparency, accuracy, consistency across groups. Applies specialized knowledge of Accounting & Financial management risk, regulatory compliance and internal controls related to financial processes and information.
- Develops governance and control related solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of the governance framework, including effective challenge.
- Coordinates and participates in the execution of oversight/governance activities including: reporting, assessment of education & training needs, development/delivery of training, development and execution of regulatory administration processes & procedures, management of review/updates to policies, etc.
- Assists with the maintenance, monitoring, measurement & reporting on the status of the governance program to various internal & external stakeholder audiences.
- Supports policy/standard/operating procedures life cycle management, education and training assessment, development & delivery, coordination of attestation programs, reporting, etc.
- Assists with the interpretation of new or changing regulations and assessing impacts to the governance frameworks and program requirements.
- Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of business and related risk management requirements and legislative/ regulatory directives and guidance.
- Supports the group/program leader in communicating advice across the Bank on regulatory environment changes to ensure changes are understood.
- Supports the management of governance meetings (e.g. committee, management, board meetings, etc.) as required; facilitates development and approval of agendas, gathering and distribution of documentation related to agendas, and creation of meeting minutes/output.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Acts as liaison between stakeholders in order to align agendas and ensure a clear understanding of the business context.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads or participates in change management activities of varying scope and type.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide governance insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Assists in the identification, classification and addressing of issues.
- Assists with the coordination and management of the review and sign-off of relevant regulatory reporting.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- As a full-time employee, we would require 2-4 years of experience, however as part of the BMO campus program, we are looking for motivated individuals with a strong desire to learn.
- You’re pursuing post-secondary education in Business, Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or any other program relevant to the role!
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.