Marketing and Communications Intern
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Term: 4-8 month contract (negotiable)
What you will do?
As a talented marketing and communications intern you will support many aspects of Bmeaningful’s public facing activities and internal operations.
- Research, draft and write custom content for the Bmeaningful blog,
- Coordinate and facilitate interviews of social impact professionals,
- Write and create a schedule for daily social media posts and content
- Create strategies to increase our social media following and website traffic
- Update Bmeaningful website (no coding required)
- Draft the weekly newsletter, updating new content
- Review TalentEgg and CharityVillage content for relevant articles to cross share
- Provide client support conducting any related research, writing and proposals if necessary
- Research and stay up to date on the latest social impact news and jobs
- Create infographics where appropriate to enhance social media and blog posts
- Coordinate and liaise with teams at CharityVillage and TalentEgg
- Help increase the awareness of the Bmeaningful brand, ensure consistency of brand elements for all public company materials
- Research companies and organizations for potential outreach and/or sales
- Assist the President and our team with other administrative and operational duties as required.
What skills, qualifications and experience we are looking for?
- Currently enrolled in or recent completion of a program with focus on marketing, communications, advertising, CSR, business or equivalent.
- A sound understanding of marketing (including digital marketing) strategy, principles and tactics
- Superior writing, editing, communications and listening skills
- Understanding and experience leveraging various social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook are must-haves)
- Familiarity or willingness to learn how to use Hootsuite, MailChimp and Wordpress
- Graphic design skills, knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Suite.
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, PPT and basic knowledge of Excel.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of Google Analytics/Adwords
- Passionate about using your skills for good
- A go-getter with a can-do positive attitude willing to do anything to get the job done
- A self-starter who is proactive at identifying needs and opportunities and takes initiative to get things done
- A fast learner - comfortable with new technologies eg- using Bmeaningful backend (no coding!)
- A person of integrity, credibility and sound judgement
- Able to follow direction and absorb things quickly
- Organized and able to manage and prioritize a diverse workload
- Diligent, reliable and accountable for work product quality and meeting deadlines
- Able to work independently and within a team environment, delivering on weekly tasks
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Familiar with the world of social enterprises and corporate social responsibility.
- Curious about the world
What’s in it for you?
This is a chance to be a part of a leading social impact organization, learn first hand about the sector and meet professionals working in this space.
You will have the opportunity to apply your marketing, writing and communication skills on many projects. You will also work directly with our social impact clients. We have a culture open to innovation and initiative, if you pitch a great idea, you can take the lead in making it happen.
Working closely with our senior staff and our clients you will see your work make a direct and meaningful difference in the success of Bmeaningful. We will provide you with challenging opportunities to learn the many aspects of our business and of our sister companies CharityVillage and TalentEgg.
Bmeaningful is a career site for social impact jobs. We help companies showcase their impact and connect purpose driven people to jobs that make a difference. We are founded on the belief that there’s more to a job than a paycheque.
Our vision and aspirational goal is to be the #1 resource and advertising destination for “purpose” work and career information.
We are a small, nimble and fast moving team that’s recently joined a family of companies with CharityVillage and TalentEgg.
Details: Apply by August 8th at 11:59PM EST, 2018
Apply with your cover letter and resume.
If you have, please include 1-2 links of any blog/articles that you’ve written.