Marketing & Communications Manager
Imagine a future in which governments, businesses, healthcare providers and the public globally can observe disease activity in real-time – like watching the vital signs for an entire population. This is exactly the future BlueDot seeks to accomplish by building a global early warning system for infectious diseases.
We design and develop software and data products to empower individuals, governments, and organizations to understand and make better decisions about how to reduce the risks associated with infectious diseases.
We have built a cross-disciplinary team that includes medical doctors, epidemiologists, ecologists, spatial analysts, designers, developers and data engineers. Our HR strategy is very simple – encourage people who are passionate about making a difference in the world to join their unique skills and perspectives within a diverse team, where each member is working on the things they love to do. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” (Albert Schweitzer) We are successful together by uniting our team members’ unique strengths and passions.
Together we can create a healthier and safer world.
Marketing & Communications Manager
We are seeking an experienced Marketing and Communications Manager to develop and execute our marketing and communications strategy. As an integral member of BlueDot, you will drive all product and company marketing, communications, and public relations initiatives. You will work closely with our Product and Business Growth teams to support BlueDot’s business growth goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and executing a comprehensive strategic go-to-market marketing and communications strategy to drive business growth, including key milestones
- Working closely with Strategy & Growth Manager to develop and execute go-to-market programs and integrated marketing campaigns that drive demand
- Defining and establishing BlueDot’s content style guidelines and reviewing website messaging and content to align with revised brand guidelines
- Identifying and leading media relations efforts to raise the profile and awareness of BlueDot’s network at a local, provincial, and national level
- Defining and owning BlueDot’s social media strategy
- Working with Business Growth, Product, and Design teams to develop
- content and messaging, including company-wide and product specific marketing materials, thought leadership content, white papers, presentations, press releases, social media content, customer case studies, product videos
- Working with the business development and design teams to define ideal customer profiles, target personas, and value propositions for relevant market segments and generate content and messaging accordingly
- Working with client and partnership stakeholders to promote key partnerships and success stories
- Implementing key metrics that impact marketing and communication activities; e.g. monitoring our website traffic
- Track important KPIs for campaigns; make changes as needed to campaigns based on results of campaigns
We’re looking for someone who has/is:
- 5+ years in marketing, including product marketing specific experience
- Experience with developing marketing strategies
- Experience in digital marketing (SEO, SEM, email marketing, social
- media marketing)
- Experience working in a SaaS business
- Excellent verbal, written (copywriting), and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to motivate others
- Results oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- A bias to action and a flexible mindset
- Aptitude to effectively relay complex information to varied audiences
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills, with the ability
- to work with team members, peers, and leadership
- Proven track record of collaboration with marketing and sales teams to drive results
- Demonstrable background in writing marketing content (white papers, website content, product marketing materials, etc.)
Ideally, you also have:
- Experience in a public health company/organization
- Experience managing a team
What’s in it for you as a member of the BlueDot team:
- Meaningful work that has purpose
- Being a part of a fun and collaborative team
- Outstanding health & dental benefits
- Healthy office snacks
- Centrally located downtown office, steps from the subway, with indoor
- bike racks
Schedule: Full-time, permanent.
Work Location: 209 Victoria St., Toronto, ON
For more information, visit: http://bluedot.global
BlueDot is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
BlueDot is a Certified B Corp, which means we are certified to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We've also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country.
Please apply with your resume and a cover letter outlining why your experience and values make you the right person for this role via this link: